rts maintains an Editorial Board of practicing researchers from around the world, to ensure manuscripts are handled by editors who are experts in the field of study.
About the Journal
The Recent Trends in Sports: is a peer-reviewed open-access journal launched in 2023 that focuses to explore and discuss the recent trends in sports. This includes analyzing the latest advancements in technology, changes in rules and regulations, emerging sports, and the impact of current events on sports. The discussion will delve into the most recent developments in sports, both on and off the field, that have transformed the industry in recent years.
The scope of this Journal also includes the emergence of new sports and the increasing popularity of existing ones, such as the rise of mixed martial arts (MMA) and the growing interest in women’s sports.
Focus and Scope
- Traditional Sports: Football, Basketball, Tennis, Baseball, Hockey, Golf, Volleyball, Rugby, Cricket, Athletics, Swimming, Boxing, Wrestling, Gymnastics, Track and field, Cycling, Weightlifting, Skiing, Snowboarding, Figure skating, Diving, Sailing, Equestrian sports, Fencing, Archery, Table tennis, Badminton.
- Analyzing the Recent Trends in Sports: Sports Technology, Virtual reality, Video assistant referees (VAR), Wearable technology, Sports analytics, Big data in sports, Fan engagement, Social media in sports, Esports, Drone racing, Sustainability in sports, Inclusivity in sports, Safety measures in sports, Youth sports participation, Athlete mental health, Gender equality in sports, Diversity in sports leadership, Athlete activism, Athlete endorsement deals.
- Advancements in Technology in Sports: Wearable technology, Smart clothing, Biomechanics, Virtual reality, Augmented reality, 3D printing, Robotics, Artificial intelligence (AI), Machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), Sensors, Data analysis, Video assistant referees (VAR), Hawk-Eye technology, Goal-line technology, Instant replays, Performance tracking, Training software, Fan engagement technology, Esports technology, Broadcasting technology,
- Changes in Rules and Regulations in Sports: Safety regulations, Concussion protocols, Performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs), Anti-doping regulations, Fair play rules, Goal-line technology, Video assistant referees (VAR), Instant replays, Rule changes, Officiating changes, Equipment regulations, Scoring systems, Penalty rules, Overtime rules, Athlete eligibility rules, Youth sports regulations, Gender regulations, Anti-discrimination rules.
- Potential Future Trends in Sports: Virtual reality, Augmented reality, Esports, Drone racing, Artificial intelligence (AI), Robotics, Biometrics, Wearable technology, Smart stadiums, 5G technology, Fan engagement, Sustainability in sports, Inclusivity in sports, Athlete well-being, Athlete activism, E-gaming in sports, New sports, Globalization of sports, Sports tourism, Sports Media, Sports sponsorship.
- Technology’s Impact on Sports: Wearable technology, Biomechanics, Virtual reality, Augmented reality, 3D printing, Robotics, Artificial intelligence (AI), Machine learning, Internet of Things (IoT), Sensors, Data analysis, Video assistant referees (VAR), Hawk-Eye technology, Goal-line technology, Instant replays, Performance tracking, Training software, Fan engagement technology, Esports technology, Broadcasting technology.
- COVID-19 Pandemic on Sports: Postponements and cancellations, Biosecure bubbles, Remote training and competition, Spectator restrictions, Financial impact, Athlete health and safety, Quarantine protocols, Testing protocols, Virtual events, and competitions, Shifts in scheduling, Changes in sports broadcasting, E-sports, and online gaming, Impact on Olympic and Paralympic Games, Impact on youth sports, Impact on sports tourism, Impact on sports media, Changes in sports marketing and sponsorship, Impact on sports industry jobs and employment.
- The emergence of New Sports: E-sports, Drone racing, Parkour, Slacklining, Bossaball, Footvolley, Headis, Acrobatic gymnastics, Beach soccer, Freestyle football, Ultimate frisbee, Kiteboarding, Stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), Crossfit, Obstacle course racing (OCR), Snowkiting, Street workout, Windsurfing, Slackline yoga, Underwater hockey.
- Rise of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA): UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship), MMA training, MMA rules and regulations, MMA techniques and strategies, MMA equipment, MMA weight classes, MMA fighters and champions, MMA injuries and safety, Evolution of MMA, MMA media coverage, MMA pay-per-view events, MMA fitness and conditioning, Women in MMA, MMA, and combat sports culture, Legalization of MMA, MMA and Olympic sports, MMA and martial arts history, MMA and sports science, MMA and mental health.
- Women’s Sports: Gender equity, Title IX, Women’s World Cup, Women’s Olympic sports, Women’s professional sports leagues, Women’s sports media coverage, Women’s sports participation rates, Women’s sports history, Women’s sports sponsorship, Female athletes and role models, Women’s sports injuries and safety, Women’s sports coaching and leadership, Women’s sports clothing and equipment, Women’s sports psychology, Women’s sports science and research, Women’s sports and fitness, Women’s sports and social justice, Women’s sports and activism, Women’s sports and health.
Open Access Statement
The Recent Trends in Sports (rts) is an open-access (OA) publication which provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All published works will be available to a worldwide audience, free, immediately upon publication. Publication in the journal is subject to payment of an article processing charge (APC). The APC serves to support the journal and ensures that articles are freely accessible online in perpetuity under a Creative Commons licenses.
Publication Ethics Statement
rts fully adhere to Code of Conduct of Publication Ethics (COPE) and to its Best Practice Guidelines. The Editorial Team enforces a rigorous peer-review process with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure the addition of high-quality scientific studies to the field of scholarly publication. In cases where rts becomes aware of ethical issues, it is committed to investigating and taking necessary actions to maintain the integrity of the literature and ensure the safety of research participants. Click here to read more about the Research & Publication virtue ethics
- All the information’s, opinions, and views mentioned here represents the authors and the contributions of the articles.
- Publication of articles, advertisements, or product information does not constitute endorsement or approval by the journal.
- Cannot be help responsible for any error or consequences while using the information updated in this journal.
- Although every effort is done by rts to see that there’s no any inaccurate data, misleading data, opinion or statement within the journal, the data and opinions appearing in the articles are the responsibility of the contributors concerned.