L. Jagadeesh Naik
- Student, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Holy Trinity Educational Society, Telangana, India
- Associate professor, Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Holy Trinity Educational Society, Holy Mary Institute of Technology and Science, Kondapur, Telangana, India
An efficient method of modifying subthreshold voltages is proposed here. As an alternative to static power dissipation, the suggested design allows for charging of internal nodes through VDDH. The force of the pull-down mechanism may be increased by connecting a second auxiliary circuit. The transition energy for input frequencies between 1 and 5 MHz is 84 fJ, the propagation delay is 46 ns, the dynamic power dissipation is 0.3 mW, and the static power dissipation is 23 mW, according to post-layout simulations of level shifters in 16 nm CMOS technology. Silicon has a precise area of 60.6902 microsquare meters, which is an intriguing statistic.
Keywords: CPU, power dissipation, auxiliary circuit, CMOS, logic circuits
[This article belongs to International Journal of VLSI Circuit Design & Technology(ijvcdt)]
- PRIMARY SOURCES Zahra Ghasemzadeh, Mehdi Saberi. “A LowPower Subthreshold Level Shifter in 180 nm Process”, 2021 29th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE), 2021
- Marco Lanuzza, Felice Crupi, Sandro Rao, Raffaele De Rose, Sebastiano Strangio, Giuseppe Iannaccone. “An Ultralow-Voltage Energy-Efficient Level Shifter”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 2017
- Rasool Hosseini, Mehdi Saberi, Reza Lotfi. “A Low-Power Subthreshold to AboveThreshold Voltage Level Shifter”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 2014
- Stuart N Wooters, Benton H Calhoun, Travis N Blalock. “An Energy-Efficient Subthreshold Level Converter in 130-nm CMOS”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 2010
- Neda Rezaei, Mitra Mirhassani. “An efficient high speed and low power voltage-level shifter”, AEU – International Journal of Electronics and Communications, 2021
- Saeideh Kabirpour, Mohsen Jalali. “A LowPower and High-Speed Voltage Level Shifter Based on a Regulated Cross-Coupled Pull-Up Network”, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs, 2019
- Jialu Yin, Jia Yuan, Heng You, Peng Wang, Shushan Qiao. “A fast and low-power level shifter for multi-supply voltage designs”, IEICE Electronics Express, 2020
- Zhou, Jun, Chao Wang, Xin Liu, and Minkyu Je. “Fast and energy-efficient low-voltage level shifters”, Microelectronics Journal, 2015.
- Felice Crupi, Sebastiano Strangio, Pierpaolo Palestri, Marco Lanuzza, David Esseni. “Early assessment of tunnel-FET for energy-efficient logic circuits”, 2016 13th IEEE International Conference on Solid-State and Integrated Circuit Technology (ICSICT), 2016
- Marco Lanuzza, Felice Crupi, Sandro Rao, Raffaele De Rose, Giuseppe Iannaccone. “Low energy/delay overhead level shifter for wide range voltage conversion”, International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications, 2017
- Hosseini, S. Rasool, Mehdi Saberi, and Reza Lotfi. “An energy-efficient level shifter for lowpower applications”, 2015 IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS), 2015.
- Fei Li, Yan Lin, Lei He. “Field Programmability of Supply Voltages for FPGA Power Reduction”, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, 2007
|Received||July 4, 2023|
|Accepted||August 14, 2023|
|Published||September 4, 2023|