Raj Prasobh B.P
- Student, Internee, Alva’s Homoeopathic Medical College, Karnataka, India
- Assistant Professor, Research Coordinator, Department of Homoeopathic Pharmacy, Alva’s Homoeopathic Medical College, Karnataka, India
Areca tea of Nivedan Nimpe is trending among diabetic group as preventive and curative diet. Areca Catechu is one of the Indian homoeopathic drugs. There is no authentic literature source to indicate the action of Areca against diabetes, so authors have investigated immediate action on blood sugar level among healthy individuals. Selection of volunteers was done on the basis of inclusion and exclusion criteria. Volunteers were randomly divided into three groups—study group had 25 volunteers, positive control group had 10 volunteers (Areca tea), and negative control group had 10 volunteers (without medicine). The differences between the three groups were not found to be significant after statistical analysis, using repeated measure ANOVA.
Keywords: Areca Catechu, Areca tea, maceration, percolation, quality analysis
[This article belongs to Research & Reviews : A Journal of Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy(rrjoush)]
1. Walker BR, Colledge NR, Ralston SH, Penman I. Davidson’s Principles & Practice of Medicine. 22nd edition. UK: Churchill Livingstone; 2014. 797p.
2. Power AC. Diabetes Mellitus. In: Fauci A, Braunwald E, Kasper D, Hauser S, Longo D, Jameson JL, Loscalzo J. Harrison Principle of Internal Medicine, Volume II. 17th edition. USA: McGraw Hill Medical Companies; 2008. 2275p.
3. Nevedan Nempe. (2017). Areca tea. [Online] Nevedan Nempe. Available at https://arecatea.in/about nevedan nempe the founder of areca tea [Cited on 2020 Sept 29].
4. Pharmacopoeia Committee, Government of India Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. Homoeopathic Pharmacopeia of India. Coimbatore, India: Controller of Publications; 2016. 22p.
5. Boericke W. Pocket manual of Homoeopathic Materia Medica Comprising the Characteristic and Guiding Symptoms of All Remedies: 09th reprinted Ed. New Delhi, India: B. Jain Publishers (P)Ltd.; 2016. 79p.
6. Henry CJ. A Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica, 34th impression. New Delhi, India: B Jain Publishers (P)Ltd.; 2017. 156–157p.
7. Shivanand B, Maria D, Raj PBP. A Comparative pharmaceutical analysis on different extract of Areca catechu by maceration & percolation with Areca tea. Research & Reviews: A Journal Pharmaceutical Science. 2020; 11(3): 42 47p.
8. Johnson FM, Dhivya M, Pinto HR. Investigating the action of Rauwolfia serpentina Ѳ, 6C, and 30C on blood pressure in healthy individuals. Int J Hom Sci. 2021; 5(1): 35 41p.
9. The Doctoral Journey. (2013). Repeated measure ANOVA. [Online] The Doctoral Journey. Available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T6dvrwDe_U [Cited on 2020 Dec 1].
|Received||February 20, 2022|
|Accepted||May 20, 2021|
|Published||July 9, 2022|