Pilaka Laxmi Manasa
B. Keerthi Priya
- Student, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Gayatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam,, Andhra Pradesh, India
- Assistant Professor, Department. of Electronics and Communication Engineering, Gayatri Vidya Parishad College of Engineering (Autonomous), Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks (UWSNs), an emerging area, integrate sensing, computing, and communication into a single compact device. The digital data is acquired using an FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array), and the fusion of numerous sensor data is accomplished in the sensor node’s ARM (Advanced RISC Machine) CPU. The sensor interfacing circuit should connect the sensor to the sensor node’s data collecting system. The data from these sensors may be accessed using the integrated computer’s analog-to-digital converters. There are numerous suggested digital filter kinds that can be implemented on an FPGA. Digital filters must be created for low-frequency, low-power applications. These filters may be evaluated and confirmed using test signals on FPGA proto boards. The use of digital filters aids in a variety of underwater applications, including target identification, signal categorization, and passive sonar applications. Digital filters are chosen over analog filters because they need less hardware, are re-configurable, and are more precise at low frequencies. Power consumption is also an important consideration in underwater systems. This study focuses on the description of digital filter design for underwater data gathering. For underwater sensor data applications, filter improvement is carried out.
Keywords: Sensing and communication, sonar signal processing, digital filters, VLSI optimization, UWDA (Underwater data acquisition) of sensor node, DDS modulation
[This article belongs to International Journal of VLSI Circuit Design & Technology(ijvcdt)]
- Chitre M, Shahabudeen S, Freitag L, Stojanovic Recent advances in underwater acoustic communications and networking. OCEANS 2008, Quebec City, QC. 2008; 1–10.
- Meratnia N, et al. CLAM — Collaborative embedded networks for submarine surveillance: An overview. OCEANS 2011 IEEE – Spain, Santander. 2011; 1–
- Akyildiz Ian F, Dario Pompili, Tommaso Underwater acoustic sensor networks: research challenges. Ad Hoc Netw. 2005 Feb; 3(3): 257–279.
- Vinod Kumar M, Neeraja S, Kiran Kumar RV, Srinivas Rao M. Design of Digital Filters for Underwater Applications using FPGA. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology Research (ijsetr). 2016; 5(13): 2641–2645.
- Proakis JG, Manolakis Digital Signal Processing Principles, Algorithms and Applications. 2nd Edn. Prentice-Hall, Inc. Simon & Schuster/A Viacom Company Upper Saddle River, New Jersey 07458; 2000; 620–662. https://uvceee.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/digital_signal_processing_principles_algorithms_and_applications_third_edition.pdf
- Jiang X, Bao (2010) Basic principles of the finite impulse response (FIR) digital filter on FPGA. FIR filter design based on FPGA,” 2010 International Conference on Computer Application and System Modeling (ICCASM 2010), Taiyuan, China, 2010, pp. V13-621-V13-624
- Stojanovic M, Preisig Underwater acoustic communication channels: Propagation models and statistical characterization. IEEE Commun Mag. 2009; 47(1): 84–89.
- Anthony Ngozichukwuka Uwaechia, Nor Muzlifah Mahyuddin. A Review on Sparse Channel Estimation in OFDM System Using Compressed Sensing. IETE Tech Rev. 2016 Aug; 34(5): 514–531.
- Sambasiva Rao A, Kiran Kumar RV, Srinivasa Rao M, Raja Embedded Computing System in Sensor Node of Underwater Wireless Sensor Network. ICONS. 2018.
- Pen˜a AG, et al. Implementation of Code Shift Keying signaling technique in GALILEO E1 signal. 2010 5th ESA Workshop on Satellite Navigation Technologies and European Workshop on GNSS Signals and Signal Processing (NAVITEC), Noordwijk. 2010; 1–
- Zhao S, Yan S, Xu Doppler Estimation Based on HFM Signal for Underwater Acoustic Time-varying Multipath Channel. 2019 IEEE International Conf. on Sig. Processing, Communications and Computing (ICSPCC), Dalian, China. 2019; 1–6.
- Bahram Rashidi, Bahman Rashidi, Majid Pourormazd. Design and Implementation of Low Power Digital FIR Filter based on low power multipliers and adders on xilinx FPGA.2011 IEEE 3rd International Conference on Electronics Computer Technology, Kanyakumari, India. 2011; 18–22.
|Received||September 6, 2023|
|Accepted||September 22, 2023|
|Published||November 6, 2023|