Mohammed Rizwan Quadri
L. G. Kalurkar
- PG Student, Department of Civil Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College, Maharashtra, India
- Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College, Maharashtra, India
Present study focusses on the behavior of reinforced concrete frames considering soil structure interaction by performing linear static and dynamic analysis. A reinforced concrete frame having G+10 storey was considered. The investigation on the behavior of RC frame is carried out by using dynamic analysis i.e., Response Spectrum method. The modeling of RC frame is carried out by using finite element-based computer program i.e., STAAD.Pro. The investigation is carryout by considering different soil profile beneath the structure such as Clay, Silt, Sand, Basalt Rock, Mudstone and Gneiss rock. Further investigation is carried out by considering above soil profile in loose and dense state. By considering all these parameter total 30 models for Static and Dynamic Conditions were created, all models were analyzed for the Seismic zone II. The Response of each RC frame with respect to others will be checked for Axial force, Shear Force, twisting moment, Bending Moment, Lateral displacement, and Base Shear. The behaviour of each RC frame with respect to others is describes with the help of graphs.
Keywords: RC frame, soil structure interaction, response spectrum method, soil profiles, density, modulus of elasticity, modulus of rigidity, Poisson’s ratio.
[This article belongs to International Journal of Structural Engineering and Analysis(ijsea)]
1. Yang Lu, Bo Li, Feng Xiong, Qi Ge, Peng Zhao and Yang Liu (2020) ” Simple Discrete Models for Dynamic Structure-Soil-Structure Interaction Analysis: J-Engineering Structures, Volume: 206, Page No. 01–13.
2. Chandrakanth Bolisetti and Andrew S. Whittaker (2020) “Numerical Investigations of StructureSoil-Structure Interaction, J-Journl of Engineering Structures, Volume: 215, Page No. 01–16.
3. Dong Van Nguyen, Dookie Kim And Duan Duy Nguyen (2020) “Nonlinear Seismic SoilStructure Interaction Analysis of Nuclear Reactor Building Considering the Effect of Earthquake Frequency Content” J-Journals of Structure, Volume: 26, Page No. 901–914.
4. Hamza Güllü (2020) “Discussion On “Soil-Structure Interaction Analyses of Shallow-Founded Structures on A Potential-Liquefiable Soil Deposit” J-Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Volume: 139, Page No. 01–02.
5. Krishna Chaitanya, Balaji K.V.G.D, M. Pavan Kumar and B. Sudeepthi (2019) “Soil Structure Interaction Effects on RC Structures Subjected to Dynamic Loads” J-International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, Volume: 09, Issue: 02, Page No. 2114–2120.
6. Mohsen Bagheri, Mehdi Ebadi Jamkhaneh And Bijan Samali (2018) “Effect of Seismic Soil– Pile–Structure Interaction on Midand High-Rise Steel Buildings Resting on A Group of Pile Foundations” J-International Journal of Geomechanics, Volume: 18, Page No. 01–27.
7. Vishwajit Anand and S.R. Satish Kumar (2018) ” Seismic Soil-Structure Interaction: A State-ofThe-Art Review ” J-structures, Volume: 16, Page No. 317–324.
8. Akshay N, And Dr. Manjunath N. Hegde (2018) “Seismic Response of Structure Considering Soil Structure Interaction for Soft Soils in Different Zones” J-International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume: 05, Issue: 08, Page No. 1720–1725.
9. Phani Kumar V and Saikiran K (2018) “Non-Linear Dynamic Analysis of Multistoried Reinforced Concrete Building by Considering Soil-Structure Interaction (SSI)” J-International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering, Volume: 07, Issue: 07, Page No. 01–05.
10. Farid Khosravikia, Mojtaba Mahsuli and Mohammad Ali Ghannad (2018) “Soil–Structure Interaction in Seismic Design Code: Risk-Based Evaluation” J-Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems, Volume: 04, Issue: 04, Page No. 01–13.
11. Guillermo A. Lo´ Pez Jime´Nez, Daniel Dias and Orianne Jenck (2018) “Effect of the Soil–Pile– Structure Interaction in Seismic Analysis: Case of Liquefiable Soils” J-Acta Geotechnica,Volume: 18, Page No. 01-17.
12. IS: 1893: 2016 (Part-I) “Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures” Bureau of Indian standards, New Delhi, India.
13. IS-875: 2008 “Code of Practice for Design Loads’ Bureau of Indian standards” New Delhi, India
14. IS: 456: 2000 “Code of Practice for Plain and Reinforced Concrete” Bureaus of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
15. IS: 2720: 1985 (Part 1 to 41) “Code of practice for Methods of test for soils” Bureau of Indian standards, New Delhi, India.
16. ACI 318-2019 “Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary”
|Received||August 2, 2021|
|Accepted||October 19, 2021|
|Published||November 27, 2021|