- Lecturer, Department of Community Health Nursing, Institute of Nursing University Regional Centre, Sri Goindwal Sahib, Punjab, India
- Nursing Demonstrator, Department of Community Health Nursing, Institute of Nursing University Regional Centre, Sri Goindwal Sahib, Punjab, India
Introduction: Ayushman Bharat Yojna or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojna or National Health Protection Scheme is a national scheme that aimed at making necessary intervention in Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Health care system, in a holistic fashion. It was launched in 2018 under the agencies of Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India. Aim of the study: The present study is aimed to assess the knowledge and utilization regarding Ayushman Bharat Yojna among the adults living in selected areas of Distt. Tarn Taran, Punjab. Materials and Methods: Through the convenience sampling, 200 adults were selected and 3 self – structured questionnaires were used to collect the data. Results: The majority of adults i.e., 50 % were having average knowledge regarding Ayushman Bharat Yojna, 30.5% of them had good knowledge regarding the scheme whereas 14.5% had poor and 5% had excellent knowledge. Only 38% people are availing services under ABSSY. The majority of the population (75%) refers to government hospital for their treatment. The frequency of the population facing problem is 50%. The Major problem faced by the community members during the treatment is wastage of time constituting 40.90%. The study revealed that a statistically significant relationship was found between knowledge and family size at p<0.05. Conclusion:The findings of the study revealed that adults had average knowledge regarding Ayushman Bharat Yojna .Thus, information pamphlet’s were developed and distributed that would be helpful to enhance knowledge regarding the scheme.
Keywords: ABSSY, Adult, Ayushman Bharat Yojna, Knowledge, Utilization
[This article belongs to International Journal of Nursing Science Practice and Research(ijnspr)]
1. Shankar Prinja (2019) 10 benefits of the PMJAY Ayushman Bharat Yojna every Indian should know, India. Available from https://www.bajajfinserv.in/insights/10-benefits-of-the-pmjay- ayushman-bharat-yojana-that-every-indian-should-know
2. Angell J Blake, Gupt Anandi, Stephen (2019) The Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan ArogyaYojna. Available at: https://www.google.com/url?q=https://journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article id%3D10.1371/journal.pmed.1002759&usg=AOvVaw3wgzYIbHPZdE4e5HxGSMAc
3. Sharma Chandra Neetu (2019) To find Ayushman Bharat, govt. plans to evaluate cost of healthfirst: Mint paper. Available at:https://www.livemint.com/politics/policy/to-fund-ayushman bharat-govt-plans-to-evaluate-cost-of-health-services-first-1552333564482.html
4. Kesri VR, Gosh S(2020) Health financing for universal health coverage Available from the website: https://www.india.gov.in/spotlight/ayushman-bharat-national-health-protection mission
5. Dr. V.Pugazhenthi, “A study on awareness on AB-PMJAY for treatment of diseases with specialreference to cancer care in Thanjavur district of Tamil Nadu”, IJMR, vol 7, issue 2; February 2021.
6. Vishnu Priya Sriee G.V and G. Rakesh Maiya, “Coverage, utilization and impact of AyushmanBharat scheme among rural field practice area of Saveetha Medical college and Hospital, Chennai”;Journal of family medicine and Primary Care; 2021 March; 10 (3): 1171-76.
7. Joseph J, Sankar D. H, Nambiar D. Empanelment of health care facilities under Ayushman BharatPradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB PM-JAY) in India. Goli S, editor. PLOS ONE [Internet]. 2021 May 27 [cited 2022 Feb 21];16(5):e0251814. Available from:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34043664/
8. Dang A, Dang D, Vallish BN. Importance of Evidence-Based Health Insurance Reimbursementand Health Technology Assessment for achieving Universal Health Coverage and Improved Accessto Health in India. Value in Health Regional Issues [Internet]. 2021 May [cited 2022 Feb 21];24:24–30. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33476860/
9. Prinja S, Singh MP, Rajsekar K, Sachin O, Gedam P, Nagar A, et al. Translating Research to Policy: Setting Provider Payment Rates for Strategic Purchasing under India’s National Publicly Financed Health Insurance Scheme. Applied Health Economics and Health Policy [Internet]. 2021 Jan 19[cited 2022 Feb 21];19(3):353–70. Available from:https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33462775/
10. Saksena N, Matthan R, Bhan A, Balsari S. Rebooting consent in the digital age: a governance framework for health data exchange. BMJ Global Health [Internet]. 2021 Jul [cited 2022 Feb
21];6(Suppl 5):e005057. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34301754/
|Received||September 6, 2021|
|Accepted||January 10, 2022|
|Published||February 14, 2022|