ijcm maintains an Editorial Board of practicing researchers from around the world, to ensure manuscripts are handled by editors who are experts in the field of study.
About the Journal
International Journal of Crystalline Materials is a peer-reviewed open-access journal launched in 2023 that aims to provide a platform for researchers and scientists to share their latest findings and developments in the field of crystalline materials. The journal focuses on research related to the fundamental properties and applications of crystalline materials, including their synthesis, characterization, structure, properties, and performance. The Journal publishes original research articles, review articles, and short communications covering a wide range of topics related to crystalline materials.
Focus and Scope
- Crystal Growth and Nucleation: Crystal nucleation, crystal morphology, and crystal growth mechanisms, Crystal growth, Nucleation, Epitaxy, Seed crystal, Crystal morphology, Crystal structure, Supersaturation, Crystal habit, Crystal orientation, Crystal defects, Crystal growth mechanisms, Crystal nucleation kinetics, Crystal growth rate, Crystal seeding methods, Crystal growth modeling, Crystal growth in confined spaces, Crystal growth in solution , Vapor phase crystal growth, Crystal growth in thin films, Crystal growth in nanomaterials
- Crystal Structure Determination: X-ray diffraction, Neutron diffraction, Electron microscopy, Crystallography, Crystal symmetry, Crystal structure analysis, Bragg’s law, Powder diffraction, Single crystal diffraction, Crystallographic software, Structure factor, Fourier transform, Patterson function, Crystal structure refinement, Rietveld refinement, Charge density analysis, Ab initio methods, Crystallographic databases, Crystallographic phase analysis, Crystal twinning.
- Crystal Defects and Their Characterization: Crystal defects, Point defects, Line defects, Planar defects, Vacancies, Interstitials, Dislocations, Stacking faults, Twin boundaries, Grain boundaries, Phase boundaries, Crystallographic shear, Crystallographic slip, Plastic deformation, Strain, Stress, Defect engineering, Defect formation energy, Electron microscopy, Scanning probe microscopy.
- Crystallography and Crystal Optics: Crystallography, Crystal optics, Polarization, Birefringence, Optical anisotropy, Refractive index, Optical dispersion, Optical activity, Double refraction, Optical rotation, Fresnel equations, Brewster’s angle, Total internal reflection, X-ray diffraction, Laue method, Bragg’s law, Reciprocal lattice, Ewald’s sphere, Crystal structure determination, Crystallographic software.
- Synthesis and Processing of Crystalline Materials: Synthesis, Crystal growth, Sol-gel synthesis, Hydrothermal synthesis, Chemical vapor deposition (CVD), Atomic layer deposition (ALD), Chemical solution deposition (CSD), Self-assembly, Templating, Biomineralization, High-temperature processing, Solid-state reactions, Crystal doping, Crystal defects, Post-growth processing, Annealing, Sintering, Mechanical milling, Rapid solidification, Additive manufacturing.
- Properties of Crystalline Materials: Mechanical properties, Elastic modulus, Yield strength, Fracture toughness, Hardness, Plastic deformation, Fatigue, Creep, Thermal properties, Thermal conductivity, Thermal expansion, Heat capacity, Electrical properties, Conductivity, Resistivity, Dielectric constant, Piezoelectricity, Optical properties, Transparency, Nonlinear optics.
- Applications of Crystalline Materials: Semiconductors, Optoelectronics, Photonics, Electronics, Solar cells, Catalysts, Biomedical applications, Drug delivery, Tissue engineering, Biomaterials, Sensors, Magnetic materials ,Superconductors, Battery materials, Energy storage, Thermoelectrics, Piezoelectrics, Nanotechnology, Coatings, 3D printing.
- Simulation and Modeling of Crystalline Materials: Molecular dynamics, Monte Carlo simulations, Density functional theory, Quantum mechanics, Classical mechanics, Lattice dynamics, Electronic structure calculations, Atomistic simulations, Coarse-grained models, Phase-field modeling, Finite element modeling, Kinetic Monte Carlo simulations, Computational thermodynamics, Multiscale modeling, Grain growth simulations, Defect formation simulations, Crystal growth simulations, Materials informatics, High-performance computing, Machine learning.
- Crystal growth
- Crystal defects
- Crystal engineering
- Crystal optics
- Crystal structure determination
- Crystal nucleation
- Synthesis and processing of crystalline materials
- Properties of crystalline materials
- Applications of crystalline materials
- Simulation and modeling of crystalline materials
- X-ray diffraction
- Electron microscopy
- Scanning probe microscopy
- Thin films and coatings
- Single crystals
- Polycrystalline materials
- Crystallographic databases and software
Open Access Statement
The International Journal of Crystalline Materials (ijcm) is an open-access (OA) publication which provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All published works will be available to a worldwide audience, free, immediately upon publication. Publication in the journal is subject to payment of an article processing charge (APC). The APC serves to support the journal and ensures that articles are freely accessible online in perpetuity under a Creative Commons licenses.
Publication Ethics Statement
ijcm fully adhere to Code of Conduct of Publication Ethics (COPE) and to its Best Practice Guidelines. The Editorial Team enforces a rigorous peer-review process with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure the addition of high-quality scientific studies to the field of scholarly publication. In cases where ijcm becomes aware of ethical issues, it is committed to investigating and taking necessary actions to maintain the integrity of the literature and ensure the safety of research participants. Click here to read more about the Research & Publication virtue ethics
- All the information’s, opinions, and views mentioned here represents the authors and the contributions of the articles.
- Publication of articles, advertisements, or product information does not constitute endorsement or approval by the journal.
- Cannot be help responsible for any error or consequences while using the information updated in this journal.
- Although every effort is done by ijcm to see that there’s no any inaccurate data, misleading data, opinion or statement within the journal, the data and opinions appearing in the articles are the responsibility of the contributors concerned.