- Lecturer, KLE College, Hubli, Karnataka, India
The radical changes caused by corona virus have uncommon implications on companies and on human resources as well. This has become challenge for the companies to handle their human resources and productivity under pressure during pandemic. So with this pandemic, it is necessary to study how human resources can be managed in different sectors. And it is also important to understand how companies manage to plan performance appraisal and about employee motivation during pandemic. The employees will be referred as human capital, the lifeblood. So to motivate employees during pandemic will be foremost task for company, specifically for HR and taking care of compensation, hike, promotion, etc. again which depends on performance appraisal should be done in the innovative ways. Companies are trying to bring innovations in HRM to motivate employees during pandemic for their career development programmes, implement reward systems, to conduct performance appraisal to motivate employees. Keeping in view of this, HR is evolving, with the focus of changing from the administrative tasks to the strategic plans to manage employees and make them to work to achieve productivity. To implement strategic plans, HR specialist from the companies should adapt the changing business environment to motivate employees as well to motivate themselves.
Keywords: Innovation, motivation, pandemic, productivity
[This article belongs to NOLEGEIN Journal of Human Resource Management & Development(njhrmd)]
1. Outback Team Building & Training. (2021, Feb). 38 morale-boosting employee engagement activities during COVID-19. Available at: https://www.outbackteambuilding.com/blog/employee- engagement-activities-during-covid-19/. 2. Balan RS. (2020, Dec). Top reasons to study human resource management in 2021 from an HR expert. MastersPortal.Com. Available at: https://www.mastersportal.com/articles/2755/top- reasons-to-study-human-resource-management-in-2021-from-an-hr-expert.html.
3. Caligiuri P. International HRM insights for navigating the COVID-19 pandemic: Implications for future research and practice. Journal of International Business Studies. 2020; 51: 697–713. Available at: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1057/s41267-020-00335- 9?error=cookies_not_supported&code=c7076001-89d8-486b-a543-2d0caf2ef646.
4. Falcone P. (2020, Sep). Amending your performance review template for the COVID-19 Pandemic. SHRM. Available at: https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtools/hr-topics/people- managers/pages/amending-performance-review-templates-.aspx.
5. Gigauri I. (2021, March). Influence of Covid-19 Crisis on human resource management and companies’ response: The expert study. Research Leap. Available at: https://researchleap.com/influence-covid-19-crisis-human-resource-management-companies- response-expert-study.
6. How do you evaluate performance during a pandemic? (2021, Feb). Harvard Business Review. Available at: https://hbr.org/2020/12/how-do-you-evaluate-performance-during-a-pandemic.
7. TalentAdore. (2020, June). How the COVID-19 pandemic affects recruitment—and what you can do in this unfortunate situation. Available at: https://talentadore.com/how-the-covid-19-pandemic- affects-recruitment/.
8. McElgunn T. (2020, May). 5 ways the COVID-19 crisis will transform HR’s role. HR Morning. Available at: https://www.hrmorning.com/articles/covid-will-transform-hr/amp/.
9. O’Donnell R. (2020, May). How COVID-19 changed the face of recruitment overnight. Yello. Available at: https://yello.co/blog/how-covid-19-changed-the-face-of-recruitment-overnight/.
10. Zojceska A. (2021, May). 3 ways COVID-19 has changed the recruitment. Blog. Available at: https://www.talentlyft.com/en/blog/article/401/3-ways-covid-19-has-changed-the-recruitment.
|Received||October 17, 2021|
|Accepted||October 22, 2021|
|Published||November 25, 2021|