The present work describes about numerical analysis of heat pipe with different cross sections such as L-shape, U-shape, wave and spring configurations. The effect of various configurations of heat pipe plate exchanger are examined by considering temperatures, velocities, pressure depressions. The numerical values of Reynolds number, Nusselt number, heat transfer were calculated at different velocities. The outcome of numerical analysis found that it influences fluid flow and pressure depression. Hence, the most important of the current exertion is to improve warmth transmit coefficient, which leads to enhance the efficacy of heat exchanger. Consequently, the present analysis is conceded for heat pipe among different shapes using hot and cold working fluids under Laminar and disorderly flow regimes at varied temperature and velocity conditions. Mathematical analysis presented and found that spring type heat pipe plate exchanger shows better heat transfer performance.
Keywords: Heat pipe, Heat exchanger, Numerical analysis, Reynolds number, Laminar & Turbulent flow, Heat transfer.
This article belongs to Special Issue Conference International Conference on Innovative Concepts in Mechanical Engineering (ICICME – 2023)
1. Ahmed H.N. Al-Mudhafara, Andrzej F. Nowakowskia, Franck C.G.A. Nicolleaua Performance enhancement of PCM latent heat thermal energy storage system utilizing a modified webbed tube heat exchanger. Energy reports Volume 6,(2020) pp 76-85.
2. P. Samruaisin, W. Changcharoen, C.Thianpong,V.Chuwattanakul Influence of regularly spaced quadruple twisted tape elements on thermal enhancement characteristics,Journal of chemical Engineering process (2018).
3. XiaoyaLiu, ChunLi, XiaxinCao, Changqi, Yan Ming Ding, “Numerical analysis on enhanced performance of new coaxial cross twisted tapes for laminar convective heat transfer” International journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 121 (2018), pp 1125-1136.
4. Chirag Maradivya, Jeetendra Vadher,Ramesh Agarwal “The heat transfer enhancement techniques and their thermal performance factor “ Journal of basic and applied sciences Wei Yuan, Guoyun Fang, Xiaoqing Zhang, Yong Tang, Zhenping Wan, Shiwei Zhang “Heat transfer and friction characteristics of turbulent flow through a circular tube with ball turbulators”, Applied sciences, Volume 8(2018) pp 1-13.
5. Wei Yuan, Guoyun Fang, Xiaoqing Zhang, Yong Tang, Zhenping Wan,Shiwei Zhang “ Heat transfer and friction characteristics of turbulent flow through a circular tube with ball turbulators” Applied sciences, Volume 8 (2018) pp 1-13.
6. Rajiva Lochan Mohanty, Abhilas Swain, Mihir Kumar Das “Thermal performance of mixed tube bundle composed of circular and elliptical tubes” Thermal Science and Engineering Progress volume 5 (2018), pp 492–505.
7. ShyyWoei Chang, Kuo-Ching Yu, “Heat transfer enhancement by spirally coiled spring inserts with and without segmental solid cords” Experimental Thermal and Fluid science, volume 97(2018), pp 119-132.
8. Amnart Boonloi, Withada Jedsadaratanachai “Effect of flow attack angle for v-wavy plate on flow and heat transfer in a square channel heat exchanger” Hindawi Journal of Engineering Volume (2018), pp1-11.
9. J.P.Meyer, S.M.Abolarin “Heat transfer and pressure drop in the transitional flow regime for a smooth circular tube with twisted tape inserts and a square-edged inlet”, International journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume117(2018), pp 11-29.
10. Y Xu, MD. IsIam, N.Kharoua, “Experimental study of thermal performance and flow behaviour with winglet vortex generators In a circular tube” Applied Thermal Engineering, Volume 135(2018) pp 257-268.
11. Suvanjan Bhattachary, Himadri chatopadhyay, Ayanhaldar,“Design of twisted tape turbulator at different entrance angle for heat transfer enhancement in a solar heater”, Journal of Basic and applied sciences, volume 7(2018). Pp118-126.
12. S.Rashidi, M.Akbarzadeh, N.Karimi, R.Masoodi “Combined effects of nanofluid and transverse twisted-baffles on the flow structures, heat transfer and irreversibility’s inside a square duct – A numerical study” International journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 130.(2018) pp 135-148.
13. Nemat Mashoofi, Saman Pourahmad, S.M. Pesteei “Study the effect of axially perforated twisted tapes on the thermal performance enhancement factor of a double tube heat exchanger” Case Studies in Thermal Engineering, Volume 10, ( 2017) pp 161-168.
14. Zahra Hajabdollahi, Hassan Hajabdollahi, Kyung Chun Kim “Heat transfer enhancement and optimization of a tube fitted with twisted tape in a fin-and-tube heat exchanger” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry Volume 140,(2020) pp1015–1027.
15. Anastasia Stamation, Simon Maranda, Remo Waser, Jorg Worlitschek “Comparison of Heat Transfer Enhancement Techniques in Latent Heat Storage” Applied sciences Volume10(2020), pp1-23.
Parkpoom Sriromreun, Chinaruk Thianpong, Pongjet Promvonge “ Experimental and numerical study on heat transfer enhancement in a channel with Z-shaped baffles”, International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer Volume 39 (2012), pp 945-952.
Smith Eiamsa-ard, Pongjet Promvonge, “Heat transfer characteristics in a tube fitted with helical screw-tape with/without core-rod inserts” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer-34, 2007, pp. 176–185.
Sompol Skullong, Pongjet Promvonge, Chinaruk Thianpong, Monsak Pimsarn “Heat transfer and turbulent flow friction in a round tube with staggered-winglet perforated-tapes” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Volume 95(2016), pp230-242.
Pongjet Promovonge, Sompol Skullong, Nuthvipa Jayranaiwachira, Chunaruk Thianpong “Experimental and numerical heat transfer investigation in a tubular heat exchanger with delta-wing tape inserts” Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification Volume 109 (2016), pp 164-177.
Orhan Keklikcioglu, Veysel Ozceyhan “Experimental investigation on heat transfer enhancement of a tube with coiled-wire inserts installed with a separation from the tube wall” International Communication Heat and Mass Transfer, volume 78 (2016), pp88-94.
|Received||August 18, 2023|
|Accepted||September 11, 2023|
|Published||September 22, 2023|