Amol Vikas Joshi
- Assistant Professor, G.H. Raisoni Institute of Engineering and Business Management, Maharashtra, India
The construction and industrial sectors must improve the quality of their welds. An experimental plate fabricated of SS304L was to be tungsten inert gas (TIG) welded in this experiment, and an effort was made to enhance the mechanical properties. The Taguchi L9 orthogonal array was used to organize the experiment, and the mechanism of advancement was used to simulate the performance. The tensile strength of the welded junction rises in proportion to the amount of current that is sent through it. Here, Taguchi and flux must enhance the welding process while also studying and enhancing numerous welding factors. We can get better results and save time, which lowers the cost of the work at some level, which is favored most, by utilizing suitable welding parameters and some additional chemical flux when welding. We considered critical process factors such as current, speed, and gas flow rate for welding operations. According to the findings, the TIG welding settings of current of 175 A, speed of 6.66 mm/s, and gas flow rate of 15 L/s provide greater fluidity and improved strength.
Keywords: TIG setup, Taguchi method, L9 array, universal testing machine
This article belongs to Special Issue Conference Material Science and Nanotechnology
1. Khatter A, Kumar P, Kumar M. Optimization of process parameter in TIG welding using Taguchi of stainless steel-304. Int J Res Mech Eng Technol. 2013; 4 (1): 31–36.
2. Joshi AV, Charkha P, Panchal A, Tayade DR. Experimentation and optimization of milling machine parameters using Taguchi method. IOP Conf Ser Mater Sci Eng. 2022; 1259 (1): 012040.
3. Pare V, Agnihotri G, Krishna CM. Optimization of cutting conditions in end milling process with the approach of particle swarm optimization. Int J Mech Indus Eng. 2011; 1 (2): 21–25.
4. Rawangwong S, Chatthong J, Burapa R, Boonchouytan W. An investigation of optimum cutting conditions for quality of surface roughness in face milling mold steel AISI P20 using carbide tool. In: Proceedings of the 10th Eco-Energy and Materials Science and Engineering Symposium (EMSES2012). 2012.
5. Lugade PS, Deshmukh MJ. Optimization of process parameters of activated tungsten inert gas (A-TIG) welding for stainless steel 304L using Taguchi method. Int J Eng Res Gen Sci. 2015; 3 (3): 854–860.
6. Kotkar DR, Wakchaure VD. Vibration control of newly designed tool and tool-holder for internal treading of hydraulic steering gear nut. Int J Modern Eng Res. 2014; 4 (6): 46–57.
7. Kashi S, De Souza M, Al-Assafi S, Varley R. Understanding the effects of in-service temperature and functional fluid on the ageing of silicone rubber. Polymers (Basel). 2019; 11 (3): 388.
8. Tarng YS, Yang WH. Optimisation of the weld bead geometry in gas tungsten arc welding by the Taguchi method. Int J Adv Manuf Technol. 1998; 14: 549–554.
9. Datta S, Bandyopadhyay A, Pal PK. Application of Taguchi philosophy for parametric optimization of bead geometry and HAZ width in submerged arc welding using a mixture of fresh flux and fused flux. Int J Adv Manuf Technol. 2008; 36: 689–698.
10. Patel WB, Charkha PG, Joshi AV, Wadadkar JN. Utilization of waste heat from condenser of domestic refrigerator for water heating. IOP Conf Ser Mater Sci Eng. 2022; 1259 (1): 012010.
11. Kannan S, Baskar N. Modeling and optimization of face milling operation based on response surface methodology and genetic algorithm. Int J Eng Technol. 2013; 5 (5): 959–971.
12. Joshi AV, Tayade D, Patel W. An experimental evaluation of FEA-based helical compression spring to design a shock absorber. In: Smart Technologies for Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development, Vol 2: Select Proceedings of ICSTEESD 2020, February 17. Singapore: Springer Nature; 2022. pp. 299–308.
13. Dhole NS, Naik GR, Prabhawalkar M. Optimization of milling process parameters of EN33 using Taguchi parameter design approach. J Eng Res Stud. 2012; III (I): 70–74.
14. Krishna MM, Shunmugam MS, Prasad NS. A study on the sealing performance of bolted flange joints with gaskets using finite element analysis. Int J Pressure Vessels Piping. 2007; 84 (6): 349–357.
15. Joshi AV, Charkha P, Panchal A, Tayade DR. Experimentation and optimization of milling machine parameters using Taguchi method. IOP Conf Ser Mater Sci Eng. 2022; 1259 (1): 012040.
|Received||December 8, 2022|
|Accepted||January 31, 2023|
|Published||April 18, 2023|