- Student, Department of Computer Engineering, Dhole Patil College of Engineering, , India
- Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Engineering, Dhole Patil College of Engineering, , India
Privacy and security are among the major Internet of Things (IoT) challenges. Improper device upgrades, lack of effective and robust security agreements, user ignorance, and popularity active device monitoring is among the challenges IoT faces. In this work, we explore the background of IoT applications and security measures, and identifying alternative security as well privacy issues, methods used to protect location components and IoT-based programs, existing security solutions, and the best privacy models needed and suitable for the exception layers of IoT-operated application. IoT security is the act of safeguarding Internet devices and the networks to which they’re connected from threats and breaches by identifying, protecting, and monitoring risks, as well as assisting in the repair of vulnerabilities from a variety of devices that can pose a security risk to your company.
Keywords: Data Security, IOT devices, IoT security, Social Media Applications, Internet of Things
[This article belongs to Journal of Multimedia Technology & Recent Advancements(jomtra)]
1. Renata L. Rosa, Gisele M. Schwartz, Wilson V. Ruggiero, and Demosthenes Z. Rodriguez, Senior Member, IEEE” A Knowledge-Based Recommendation System that includes Sentiment Analysis and Deep Learning” IEEE 2019.
2. Guang Yang, Haibo He, Fellow, IEEE, and Qian Chen” Emotion-Semantic Enhanced Neural Network” IEEE 2019.
3. M. Al-Qurishi, M. S. Hossain, M. Alrubaian, S. M. M. Rahman, and A. Alamri, “Leveraging analysis of user behavior to identify malicious activities in large-scale social networks,” IEEETransactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 799–813, Feb 2018.
4. H. Lin, J. Jia, J. Qiu, Y. Zhang, G. Shen, L. Xie, J. Tang, L. Feng, and T. S. Chua, “Detecting stress based on social interactions in social networks,” IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, vol. 29, no. 9, pp. 1820–1833, Sept 2017.
5. Budhaditya Saha, Thin Nguyen, Dinh Phung, Svetha Venkatesh” A Framework for Classifying Online Mental Health Related Communities with an Interest in Depression” IEEE 2016
6. Techtarget. IoT security (internet of things security) [Online]. Available from https://internetofthingsagenda.techtarget.com/definition/IoT-security-Internet-of-Things-security
7. Fortinet. What Is IoT Security? [Online]. Available from https://www.fortinet.com/resources/cyberglossary/iot-security
8. Findstack. The Ultimate List of Internet of Things Statistics for 2022 [Online]. Available from https://findstack.com/internet-of-things-statistics/
9. Jigsaw. Importance Of Data Security In 2021 [Online]. Available from https://www.jigsawacademy.com/blogs/cyber-security/importance-of-data-security/
10. ISACA. Security and Privacy Challenges of IoT-enabled Solutions [Online]. Available from https://www.isaca.org/resources/isaca-journal/issues/2015/volume-4/security-and-privacy-challenges-of-iot-enabled-solutions
11. ALSO the technology provider. IOT AND SECURITY [Online]. Available from https://www.also.com/ec/cms5/en_6000/6000/blog/future-technologies/iot-security-its-importance-and-how-to-improve-it.jsp
|Received||September 21, 2021|
|Accepted||December 12, 2021|
|Published||December 18, 2021|