Building engineers are being shown to accept High rise construction due to increase shortage and land cost. The development of high-rise buildings presents many challenges with the type of lateral load. In High rise buildings getting better efficiency and the high-strength shear wall is an effective solution. The Optimum location of the shear wall depends upon the structural shape of buildings. For irregular structures, inner shear walls provide more strength and durability of the structure, whereas outer shear walls exceeded the permissible limit of width of roof or roof space. During an earthquake seismic waves are transmitted to the surface of the earth by the shape of the local soil. The motion of earthquake wave passes through the ground which in turn alter the input motion with its ground related to motion. The physical characteristics of soil are the reason for a structural response of the structure. In this paper, unusual G+15 structure with the box type shear wall under a different type of soil in which are divided such as soft, medium, and hard soil, For earthquake zone III according to IS1893(part 1):2016 studied. the deviant structural behavior was analyzed by performing dynamic analysis using Staad Pro. Vi8 software. The axial force, base shear, moment, and displacement are read and ended the comment.
Keywords: Dynamic analysis, Box type shear wall, Soft, Medium, Hard Soil
[This article belongs to Journal of Construction Engineering, Technology & Management(jocetm)]
1. Suchta Tuppad, R.J. Fernandes, “Optimum Location of Shear Wall in a multi-story building subjected to seismic behaviour using genetic algorithm”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology 2015, Vol. 2, ISSN 2395-0056.
2. Rajiv Banerjee, J.B. Srivastava, “Determination of optimum position of shear wall in an irregular building for zone III and IV” International journal of innovative technology and exploring engineering 2019, Vol. 9, ISSN: 2278-3075.
3. D. lohchab, Durgesh., “Design of shear wall for regular and irregular building using staad pro.” International journal of research in electronics 2019, Vol.7, ISSN:2155-2250
4. Mahdi Hosseini, N.V. Ramana Rao, “Dynamic analysis of HRB with C-shaped RC shear wall at the centre in concrete frame structure” International journal of research technology and engineering 2017, volume (6), ISSN: 2277-6878.
5. Rahul Sawant and Dr. Bajad “A review on: The influence of soil conditions on the seismic forces in RC buildings” Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Application 2015, 5(6), (Part-5) pp.81-87.
6. Anand, N. Mightraj, C., Prince Arulraj “Seismic behaviour of RCC shear wall under different soil conditions” Indian geotechnical conference 2010, pp 119-120.
7. S. K. Verma. And S. Maru. “Behavioural Study of Expansive Soils and its Effect on Structures” International Journal of Innovations in Engineering and Technology (IJIET) 2013, 2(2), pp.228-238.
8. K. Bajaj, and J.T. Chavda “Seismic Behaviour of Buildings on Different Types of Soil” Proceedings of Indian Geotechnical Conference Roorkee 2013, pp. 22-24.
9 Chopra, A.K., “Dynamics of Structures: Theory and Application to Earthquake Engineering”, Pearson Education, 4th edition,2012.
|Received||August 15, 2021|
|Accepted||August 21, 2021|
|Published||August 30, 2021|