- Student, School of planning and Architecture, New Delhi, India
Energy use in the construction sector is substantial. Thus, it is crucial that new materials be developed with the intention of improving building thermal efficiency. Thus, over the last few decades, the incorporation of Phase Change Materials has increased. (PCMs) into buildings has gained popularity. Such materials, which have the capacity to both absorb and release energy from/in the environment, can lessen temperature variations, enhancing human comfort while also consuming less energy during construction. This study looks at current experimental research on passive building systems that use mortars or PCMs that contain concrete. This review is primarily intended to provide information on the currently investigated materials as well as the manufacturing methodologies employed.
Keywords: Phase-Changing Material (PCM), Building substances, inactive constructing systems, mortar, concrete, thermal power storage
[This article belongs to International Journal of Urban Design and Development(ijudd)]
- K. Paul, S. K. Solanki, A. Rastogi and P. S. Yadav, Establishinga Performance Index for Construction ProjectManagers, 1 ed., Taylor & Francis, 2022.
- K. Solanki, A. Rastogi and S. Khursheed, TechnoManagerial Approach to Building Rehabilitation, 1 ed. 2022.
- Mariaenrica, L. Mariateresa and S. Antonella, “Phase Change Materials for Energy Efficiency in Building and their use in mortars,” Materials, 2019.
- Harit and K. Kumar, “A Critical Review of Expanded Polystyrene Core Panel System in Buildings in India,” Journal of Sustainable Construction Engineering and Project Management; , vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 1-7, 2021.
- Solanki and V. K. Paul, “Comparisionbetween service life predictionmethods for building rehabilitation: application on a case study,” JBPR, pp. 1-13, 2022.
- Kumar and V. K. Paul, “A Critical Review of Risk Factors and Reliability Assessment Issues of Fire and Life Safety in Buildings,” NICMAR JOURNAL OF CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT, vol. XXXVII, no. III, pp. 23-33, 2022.
- Kumar and V. K. Paul, “Risk and Reliability Assessment of Smoke Control Systems in the Buildings,” International Journal for Research in Applied Science & Engineering Technology (IJRASET), vol. 10, no. X, pp. 576-581, 2022.
- Kumar and V. K. Paul, “Significance of Fire Protection System Reliability for Structure Fire Safety,” STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING DIGEST, no. October-December, pp. 42-25, 2023.
- Hasnain, ” Review on sustainable thermal energy storage technologies, Part I:,” Energy Convers. Manage 39, pp. 1127-1138, 1998.
- R. L. d. Cunha and J. L. B. d. Aguiar, “Phase Changes materials and energy efficency of building: A review of knowledge,” Journal of Energy Storage, 2020.
- Jeon, J.-H. Lee and J. Seo, “Application of PCM thermal energy storage system to reduce building energy consumption,” J Therm Anal Calorim, vol. 2291, pp. 279-288, 2012.
- M. F. Amar M. Khudhair, “A review on energy conservation in building applications,” Energy Conversion and Management 45, pp. 263-275, 2004.
- C. A. G. P. S. N. Soares, “Review of passive PCM latent heat thermal energy storage systems towards,” Enregy and buildings 59, pp. 82-103, 2013.
- Kasana, V. K. Paul & S. Solanki, “Frameworkfor Rehabilitation of Buildings to Improve Health, Hygiene, and Comfort of Occupants,” IJTPM, 2022.
- Das, A. Rastogi and K. Kumar, “Applicability of Risk Assessment Tools and Techniques for a Construction Project,” Journal of Research in Infrastructure Designing, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 1-18, 2021.
- Kumar, D. C. Basu, A. Rastogi and V. K. Paul, “Retrofitting the existing requirements for an institutional building Framework for Enhancing the Functionality,” IJSDR, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 362-368, 2020.
- Coppola, D. Coffetti and S. Lorenzi, “Cement-Based Renders Manufactured with Phase-Change Materials: Applications and Feasibility,” Adv. Mater. Sci. Eng., pp. 1-6, 2016.
- Ventolà, M. Vendrell and P. Giraldez, “P. Newly-designed traditional lime mortar with a phase change material as an additive,” Constr. Build. Mater, pp. 47,1210-1216, 2013.
- A.Memon, “Phase change materials integrated in building walls: A state of the art,” Renew. Susta. Energy Rev. 31, pp. 870-976, 2014.
|Received||June 15, 2023|
|Accepted||July 15, 2023|
|Published||July 28, 2023|