Sachin B. Salve
- Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Deogiri Institute of Engineering and Management Studies, Maharashtra, India
- PG Student, Department of Civil Engineering, Sandip Foundation, Maharashtra, India
This study presents analytical observation results on the performance of Cold Formed Steel Truss and Hot rolled Steel Truss. Two trusses of same dimensions and same type with different materials have been studied and compared. Both the materials are compared on the basis of “fast, better and economic construction”. One truss is completely designed and analyzed in hot rolled steel while the same model is designed in cold formed steel. Both the trusses are designed in ETABS. Results of the present study could be handy in designing a truss that leads to optimal use of material. In constructions of residential and industrial buildings, the use of cold-formed steel (CFS) structures has now grown-up considerably, and now it is becoming a suitable alternative to general and conventional methods due to its massive advantages, like it is very light weighted and its high quality and ease of construction. The present research targets to evaluate the lateral performance of cold formed steel truss systems. This research is crucial for improving the design of cold-formed steel (CFS) truss structures because there is unavailability of adequate information presently in the available codes and standards.
Keywords: Cold formed steel, hot rolled steel, light weight, ETAB
[This article belongs to International Journal of Structural Engineering and Analysis(ijsea)]
1. Gurusharan Singh. Introduction to Pre-Engineered Buildings. http://www.engneeringcivil.com/preenginered-buildngs.html.
2. Subramanian N. Design of steel-structures. India: Oxford University Press; 2018.
3. Subramanian N. Pre-engineered Buildings Selection of Framing System, Roofing and Wall
Materials. The Master-builder. 2008; 48–62.
4. IS: 800-2007. General Construction in Steel-Code of-Practice. India: BIS; 2007.
5. IS: 875 (Part one)-1987. Code of -Practice for Design Loads (Other Than Earthquakes) for
Buildings and Structures- Dead Loads (DL). India: BIS; 1987.
6. IS: 875 (Part two)-1987. Code of Practice for Design Loads (Other Than Earthquakes) for Buildings
and Structures- Live Loads (LL). India: BIS; 1987.
7. IS: 875 (Part three)-1987. Code of Practice for Design Loads (Other Than Earthquake) for Buildings
and Structures- Wind Loads (WL). India: BIS; 1987.
8. Rolphes John A. Industrial Building Design -Seismic Issues. The Iron and Steel Technology. 2006;
9. Avanti Patrikar. Fully Stressed Design of the Fink Truss Using STAAD PRO Software. Open J of
Civil Eng. 2016; 6(4): 631–642.
|Received||March 26, 2021|
|Accepted||April 15, 2021|
|Published||June 10, 2021|