Vishal Kr. Giri
Shikhar Kant Sinha
Assistive robots are in high demand because they allow people to work freely. Physiotherapy is an outstanding recovery session given to mostly all accidental victims during recovery span. Although, due to the experimental nature of examination, assessment, and treatment, the lack of scientific measures, current methodologies, and modernization, as well as the empirical nature of examination, assessment, and treatment, this endeavour is hampered. This paper proposes an idea of using an exoskeleton-based system for the physical therapy of the hand (primarily). Our system endeavour to enhances the existing therapy methods by introducing accurate and repeatable linger motion, continuous measurement, interactivity, Great exercise assortment and statistical storage and evaluation. The robotic arm is controlled using robotic kinematics concepts. The graphical user interface (GUI) is used to operate the actuators that control the robotic arm’s joints. Because the robotic devices may assist in moving the patient’s limbs during exercises, this system helps therapists save time by increasing the number of therapy sessions per patient and the number of patients undergoing therapy.
Keywords: Therapy sessions, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, graphical user interface (GUI), electric motor
[This article belongs to International Journal of Software Computing and Testing(ijsct)]
1. A. Toth, D. Nyitrai, M. Jurak, I. Merksz, G. Fazekas, and Z. Denes, “Safe robot therapy: Adaptation and usability test of a three-position enabling device for use in robot mediated physical therapy of stroke,” 2009 IEEE Int. Conf. Rehabil. Robot. ICORR 2009, pp. 940–945, 2009, doi: 10.1109/ICORR.2009.5209481.
2. M. A. Soleimani, H. Zohoor, A.R.F. Yakhdani, M. Heravi, and E. Mohammadi, “Designing, Prototyping, and Controlling a Portable Rehabilitation Robot for the Shoulder Physiotherapy and Training,” ICRoM 2019-7th Int. Conf. Robot. Mechatronics, no. ICRoM. doi 10.1109/ICRoM48714.2019.9071844.
3. I. Sarakoglou, N. G. Tsagarakis, and D. G. Caldwell, “Occupational and physical therapy using a hand exoskeleton-based exerciser,” 2004 IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. Intell. Robot. Syst., vol. 3, pp. 2973–2978, 2004, doi: 10.1109/iros.2004.1389861.
4. J. C. Perry, J. Rosen, and S. Burns, “Upper-limb powered exoskeleton design,” IEEE/ASME Trans. Mechatronics, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 408–417, 2007, doi: 10.1109/TMECH.2007.901934.
5. Z. Bin Mohamed, “Mechatronic Design and Development of a Robotic Arm,” pp. 3–6, 2006.
6. D. Jayatilake, T. Isezaki, Y. Teramoto, K. Eguchi and K. Suzuki, “Robot Assisted Physiotherapy to Support Rehabilitation of Facial Paralysis,” in IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 644–653, May 2014, doi: 10.1109/TNSRE. 2013.2279169
7. I.H.D. Madhushan, E.B.K. Charnara, A.T.J. De Zoysa, G. Sandali Upeka, N. Abhayasinghe and P. Abeygunawardhana, “Hand Rehabilitation Using Robot-Assisted Physiotherapy,” 2020 2nd International Conference on Advancements in Computing (ICAC), 2020, pp. 156–161, doi: 10.1109/ICAC51239.2020.9357164
8. E. Saraee, A. Joshi and M. Betke, “A therapeutic robotic system for the upper body based on the Proficio robotic arm,” 2017 International Conference on Virtual Rehabilitation (ICVR), 2017, pp. 1-2, doi: 10.1109/ICVR.2017.8007498
9. Keene DJ, Soutakbar H, Hopewell S, Heine P, Jaggi A, Littlewood C, Hansen Z, Barker K, Hamilton W, Carr AJ, Lamb SE. Development, and implementation of the physiotherapy-led exercise interventions for the treatment of rotator cuff disorders for the ‘Getting it Right: Addressing Shoulder Pain’ (GRASP) trial. Physiotherapy. 2020 Jun; 107: 252–266. doi: 10.1016/j.physio.2019.07.002. Epub 2019 Jul 9. PMID: 32026827
10. Exoskeleton Arm for Therapeutic Applications and Argumented Strength. Dinumol Varghese, Rahim T.S., Leya Achu Bijoy, Bibin K Abraham, Dinto Mathew, Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mar Athanasius College of Engineering Kothamangalam, Kerala, India, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Vol.-06, Issue-06, June 2019, ISSN:2395-0056
|Received||December 15, 2021|
|Accepted||December 25, 2021|
|Published||December 31, 2021|