- Ex-Assistant Professor, Department of Metallurgical Engineering, Jharkhand, India
This article is constitutive from as forged as well compounded form. Isotropy is uniformity in various orientations. Isotropy is composed of Greek isos meant by equal and tropos meant by way. Precise definable consequence is subjective to depend on material property i.e., same when tested in different directions. A common example of isotropy is inclusive as of glass, plastics, and metals. Alter subject area is studied as inequality, given by prefix an, henceforth anisotropy. Example of anisotropic matter is fiber-reinforced material, e.g., wood as natural material. Synergistic proclaim has produced artificial scope scores from light weight economic procure, given by, mostly light weight metal/alloy specific, which is composed herewith, ceramic particulate/fiber/fabric associative. Metal matrix based composite (MMC) has increasing scenario of consumption in world strategy, given by, annual growth rate of 7%. Utility specific assume has linked to feed schemed script, in lieu, easy accessed economic MMC to implicate appliances in aerospace, satellite prepare, electrical and light weight automotive articulation. Accessed advent has been better industry, given by, property specific issue as of physical, mechanical and corrosion aspects. Improve adjunct is studied, on behalf of stable, reliable processing to access MMC under efficacy of economy. Isotropic components under light weight and economy are fabricated by forging. Usual methods are stiff forging containing ribs and hollows, and emboss. Porous graphitic slush effected composes are forms consisting of enhancement in orientation after sinter. Stepped disc forge to near-net-shape is another route for isotropy. Cast formation under ultrasonic vibration is another method to develop isotropy from anomalous constituents. Integrated route of preparation by continuous processing is systematic pursuit among steps of cast-forge-mill scaled links. Friction stir cast route has found to form equi-dispersed reinforcement over large size operated at stepped purview.
Keywords: Composite, aluminum, particulates, forge, compound compac
[This article belongs to International Journal of Energetic Materials(ijem)]
1. S. Sulaiman and M. Jolgaf; Optimum Design of Metal Composites for Closed Die Forging, International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 1, February 2013.
2. A.Muniappan, B.Vamsikrishna, RG.Charankumar, G.Ramakrishna, A.Rathish & B.Venkatsurya, Fabrication of hybrid Aluminium composite using stir casting method, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973–4562 Vol. 10 No.65 (2015)
3. B. Ravi, Fabrication and Mechanical Properties of Al7075-SiC-TiC Hybrid Metal Matrix Composites, International Journal of Engineering Science Invention, Volume 6 Issue 10|| October2017 || PP.12–19
4. Deep Verma, P. Chandrasekhar, S. Singh and S. Kar; Investigations into Deformation Characteristics during Open-Die Forging of SiCp Reinforced Aluminium Metal Matrix Composites, Hindawi Publishing Corporation Journal of Powder Technology Volume 2013, Article ID 183713, 14 pages http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/183713
5. Hanamantraygouda M B, B P Shivakumar, P N Siddappa, Sampathkumar L, and Prashanth L, Effect of Cold Forging on Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Al/SiC Composites, ConAMMA-2017, IOP Publishing, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 310 (2018) 012072, doi:10.1088/1757-899X/310/1/012072
6. B.A. Behrens, K.-G. Kosch, C. Frischkorn, N. Vahed, A. Huskic; Compound forging of hybrid powder-solid-parts made of steel and aluminum; Key Engineering Materials; 504-506 (2012) 175– 180; Online: 2012-02-03 ISSN: 1662-9795; doi:10.4028/www.scientific.net/KEM.504–506.175 © 2012 Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland.
7. Manickam Ravichandrana, Abdullah Naveen Saita, Veeramani Anandakrishnanb; Workability Studies on Al+2.5%TiO2+Gr Powder Metallurgy Composites During Cold Upsetting, Materials Research. 2014; 17(6): 1489–1496
8. Riccardo Casati and Maurizio Vedani; Metal Matrix Composites Reinforced by Nano-Particles— A Review Metals 2014, 4, 65–83; doi:10.3390/met4010065
9. Haiou Zhang, Runsheng Li, Rui Wang, Youheng Fu, Xiangping Wang, Guilan Wang, and Shangyong Tang; casting-forging-milling composite additive manufacturing thechnology, Solid Freeform Fabrication 2017:
10. Basil George, Anoop Sankar, Bibin K.T, fabrication and characterization of aluminium hybrid composite, international journal of engineering sciences & research technology, 7(4): April, 2018, 437–446.
|Received||January 28, 2022|
|Accepted||February 11, 2022|
|Published||February 16, 2022|