- Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Rivers State University Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
The comparison of some liquefied natural gas plant unit failure was investigated and the unit considered in terms of identification of the component failures. The units are Reboiler, Stripper, Cooling, Compressor, Acid Dehydration, Heat Transfer, Expander and Liquefaction units. The components of interest were monitored in terms of their performance as well as the failure rate of heat transfer unit > cooling unit > acid dehydration unit > stripper unit > expander unit > reboiler unit > liquefraction unit > compressor unit as the period of investigation. The investigation revealed the effect of operational conditions on the failure rate of each unit plant of the Liquefied Natural Gas plant.
Keywords: Comparison, liquefied, natural, gas, plant, unit, failure
[This article belongs to International Journal of Chemical Separation Technology(ijcst)]
1. Moon, K., Seok-ryong, S., Jeoge, B., et.al. Fire Risk Assessment of Gas Turbine Propulsion Availability Model LNG Unit Plant System for LNG Carriers. Journal of Loss Prevention in Process Industries. 2009; 22(6): 908-914.
2. Murphy, D. M., Elisabeth P.M. The SAM Framework: Modeling the Effect of Management Factors on Human Behaviour in Risk Analysis. Risk Analytics. 1996; 16(1): 501-515.
3. Okochi, G. I., Ukpaka, C. P., Ikenyiri, P. N. Design of Calcium Stearate Production Plant Capacity of 10,000ton per Year from Cow Bone and Palm Oil Using ASPEN HYSYS. International Journal of Photochemistry. 2019; 6(2): 35-47.
4. Sarfraz, A. Q., Swapnel, R.Z., Dhamnanjay, R.D. Reliability Estimation using Fault Tree Analysis Method. International Journal of Engineering Research. 2014; 3(1): 160-163.
5. Shi, P., Liu, H. Stochastic Finite Element Framework for Simultaneous Estimation of Cardial Kinematic Functions and Material Parameters. Medical Image Analysis. 2003; 7(5): 445-464.
6. Olabisi, A. S., Ukpaka, C. P, Nkoi.B. Application of Reliability Techniques to Evaluate Maintainability of Centrifugal Pump used for Petroleum Product Delivery. Journal of Newviews in Engineering and Technology (JNET). 2020; 2(3): 11-21.
7. Thaddeus, C. N., Andrew, J., Jasper, A. LNG Carriers Safety: A Research Perspective. International Journal of Science and Technology. 2006; 5(7): 324-338.
8. Ukpaka, C. P. Experimental study on effect of momentum transfer in hydrocarbon degradation in stream system, International journal of Industrial Biotechnology and Biomaterials. 2020; 6(2): 47-55.
9. Ukpaka, C. P. (2016). Modeling bioadsorption of crude oil in a packed bed reactor by using matlab. International Journal of Current Biochemistry Research, 4(4), 96-105.
10. Anjana M., Warren D. S., Ulku, O. Analysis of management: Action, Human Behaviour and Process Reliability in Chemical Plants: Part 1, Impact of Management Action, Risk Management and Decision Process Center. Process Safety Progress. 2008; 27: 12-22.
11. Xian, S., Kang, L., Pei-Liang, S. Risk Analysis on Leakage Failure of Natural Gas Pipelines by Fuzzy Bayesian Network with a Bow-Tie Model. A Hindawi Scientific Programming. 2017; 36(24): 11-15.
12. Yoshio, K. & Marvin, R. . Life Cycle Cost (LCC) Analysis in Oil and Chemical Process Industries[online]. Available from https://www.academia.edu/23572884/Life_Cycle_Cost_LCC_analysis_in_oil_and_chemical_pro cess_industries
13. Zamalieva, D., Yilmaz, A., Aldemir, T. A Probabilistic Model for Online Scenario Labeling in Dynamic Event Tree Generation. Reliability Engineering and System Safety. 2013; 120(4): 18- 26.
14. Zhan, Y., Makii, V. A. Robust Diagnostic Model for Gearboxes Subject to Vibration Monitoring. Journal of Sound and Vibration. 2006; 290(2): 928-955.
|Received||December 11, 2021|
|Accepted||December 27, 2021|
|Published||December 31, 2021|