- B.Tech Scholars, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering, New Delhi, India
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bharati Vidyapeeth’s College of Engineering, New Delhi, India
The pandemic because of COVID-19 needs no introduction. An all-too-important and successful weapon against it has been the utilization of face masks. A special technique is presented in this paper for detecting automatically whether someone is wearing a mask or not, contingent on the machine learning technique. The findings can be utilized by authorities to warn or fine people for not wearing mask, especially at public places. This work relies on deep learning through neural networks, specifically, MobileNetV2, trained and examined on images of people faces with and without masks, collected from different sources. The accuracy of the detection is 96% on the test dataset whereas the most effective result in the literature is 92% or lower.
Keywords: Automatic mask detection, Deep learning, coronavirus, COVID-19, CNN, mobilenetV2
[This article belongs to International Journal of Analog Integrated Circuits(ijaic)]
1. Jinsu Lee, Sang-Kwang Lee, seong-Yang.”An Ensemble Method of CNN Models for Object Detection”, IEEE, 2018.
2. SebastianHandrich,” Face Attribute Detection with MobileNetV2 and NasNet-Mobile”, IEEE,2018.
3. Amith verma, Toshanal Meenpal, Asthosh Balakrishnan, “Facial Mask detection Using Semantic/segmentation”, ICCCs, 2019. International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395-0056
4. Md. saabbir Ejaz, Md. Rabiul Islam, Md. Sifutullah, ananya sarker, “Implementation of Principal Compenent analysis on Masked and Non-Masked Face Recognition”, IEEE, 2019.
5. Rafiuzzaman Bhuiyam, Sharun akter Khsushbbu, Md. Sanzidul Islam,” A deep Learning Based assestive system to classify COVID-19 Face Mask for Human Safety with YOLOv3, IEEE, 2019
6. Aniruddha Srinivas Joshi, shreya Srinivas Joshi, Goutham Kanahasabai, Rudraksh Kapil,”DeepLearning Framework to detect Face Mask from video footage”, International Conference on computer Inteligence and communication Networks, 2020
7. Pathasu doungmala, Katanyoo Klubsuwan,”Half and Full Helmet wearing detection in Thailandusing Haar Lke Feature and Circle Hough Transformation on Image Processing”, IEEE, 2016.
8. Yiyang Zou, Lining Zhao, shanxng Qin, Mingyagpan,”ship target detection and identification based on SSD_Mobilenet V2”, IEEE, 2016.
9. Rohith C A, shilpa A Nair, Parvathi saniNair, Nithin Prince John,”an efficient Helmet detection For MVD using Deep learning”, IEEE, 2019
10. A. Kumar, A. Kaur, and M. Kumar, “Face detection techniques: a review,” Artificial Intelligence Review, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 927–948, 2019.
|Received||July 25, 2021|
|Accepted||August 19, 2021|
|Published||September 7, 2021|