- Student, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Jeppiaar Nagar, Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India
Merger and Acquisition in India is at an all-time high with more buyers now than before; it has been accounting for 80% of closed deals in 2020–2021, up from 70% in 2017–2019. To determine the Merger and Acquisition of the company, this article explores the main factors in the Merger and Acquisition process. And also study the main framework of the Merger and Acquisition. And, also, the article discusses the critical success factors for the organization to accomplish its goal. This study will use a mixed method of both quantitative and qualitative data to explore the rate of investment, payback period profitability ratio that contribute to the positive outcomes of mergers and acquisitions. To make the correct decision about Merger and Acquisition of the firm, the client may share the sales through the right development. It is important to state the factors within the business principles associated with the cash flow and profitability of the business.
Keywords: Keywords: Cost model, hotel project, selecting criteria, stakeholders, acquisition process.
[This article belongs to International Journal of Architectural Design and Planning(ijadp)]
- Hoang TVN, Lapumnuaypon K. (2007). Critical success factors in M&A Projects: a study from the perspectives of advisory firms. [Online] Available at http://www.diva-portal.org/smash/get/diva2:141248/fulltext01.pdf [Accessed on May 2023]
- Refsnes FO. (2012). What explains mergers’ success or failure? Available at https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/30829353.pdf [Accessed on May 2023]
- Aggarwal-Gupta M, Kumar R, Upadhyayula RS. (2012). Success of a merger or acquisition: a consideration of influencing factors. Intl J Manag Pract. 2012; 5 (3): 270–286.
- Angwin, D. 2001. Mergers and acquisitions across European borders: national perspectives on pre-acquisition due diligence and the use of professional advisors. J World Busi, 36 (1), 32–57.
- Segal S, Guthrie J, Dumay J. Stakeholder and merger and acquisition research: a structured literature review. Account Fin. 2021; 61 (2): 2935–2964.
- Tatineni SR, Balaji C. Mergers, acquisition and the strategies along with case studies of India. PalArch’s J Arch Egypt/Egyptology. 2020; 17 (9): 1258–1265. Available at https://archives.palarch.nl/index.php/jae/article/download/3745/6326/12711 [Accessed on May 2023]
- Research Scholar, Business School, Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation, Vaddeswaram, AP, India 2 Assistant Professor, Business School, Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation, Vaddeswaram, AP, India 1-1-2012
- King DR, Taylor R. (2012). Beyond the numbers: seven stakeholders to consider in improving acquisition outcomes. [Online] Available at https://epublications.marquette.edu/mgmt_fac/143/ [Accessed on May 2023]
- Ravenscraft DJ, Scherer FM. The profitability of mergers. Int J Indus Org. 1989; 7(1), 101–116.
- Gupta I, Tripathy N, Raman TV. Impact of merger and acquisition on financial performance: evidence from construction and real estate industry of India. FIIB Busi Rev. 2021; 12 (1). DOI: 10.1177/23197145211053400.
- Kumar S. Analysis of mergers and acquisitions: a review. Department of Economics Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra.
- Dalkılıc AF, Cagle MN. Critical success factors in merger and acquisition strategies: evaluation of Turkish market. Dokuz Eylül Üniversitesi İşletme Fakültesi Dergisi. 2015; 16 (2): 117–133.
- Widianova VH, Wulandari P. Merger and acquisition analysis in creating value for shareholders in the infrastructure and utility sector. J Int Conf Proc. 2021; 4 (1). 150–161. DOI: 10.32535/jicp.v4i1.1136.
- Belassi W, Tukel OI. A new framework for determining critical success/ failure factors in projects. Int J Proj Manage. 1996; 14 (3): 141–151.
- Choi J, Russell JS. Economic gains around mergers and acquisitions in the construction industry of the United States of America. Canadian J Civ Eng. 2004; 31 (3): 513–525.
- Teti E, Tului S. Do mergers and acquisitions create shareholder value in the infrastructure and utility sectors? Util Policy. 2020; 64: 101053.
- Srinivas K. Mergers and acquisitions in Indian banking sector: a study of selected banks. Mumbai, India: Himalaya Publishing House; 2011. Available at https://www.himpub.com/documents/Chapter618.pdf [Accessed on May 2023]
- Kengelbach J, Keienburg G, Degen D, Söllner T, Gell J, Sievers S. (2021). The 2021 M&A report: mastering the art of breaking up. [Online] Available at
https://www.bcg.com/publications/2021/m-and-a-report-mastering-the-art-of-breaking-up [Accessed on May 2023]
- Hacking the Case Interview. (2023). The ultimate guide to merger & acquisition case interviews. [Online] Available at https://hackingthecaseinterview.thinkific.com/pages/merger-acquisition- case-interview [Accessed on May 2023]
- Patel K. (2023). The 10 biggest reasons to pursue M&A (with Examples). [Online] Dealroom.net. Available at https://dealroom.net/blog/why-do-companies-merge-with-or-acquire-other- companies [Accessed on May 2023]
- Bdc. (2020). How to evaluate a potential business acquisition. [Online] Available at https://www.bdc.ca/en/articles-tools/start-buy-business/buy-business/how-value-company [Accessed on May 2023]
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs. (2014). Mergers and acquisitions. [Online]. Mca.gov.in. Available at https://www.mca.gov.in/MinistryV2/mergers+and+acquisitions.html [Accessed on May 2023]
|Received||March 2, 2023|
|Accepted||March 27, 2023|
|Published||April 3, 2023|