rtfm maintains an Editorial Board of practicing researchers from around the world, to ensure manuscripts are handled by editors who are experts in the field of study.
About the Journal
Recent Trends in Fluid Mechanics [2455-1961(e)] is a peer-reviewed hybrid open-access journal launched in 2011 and focused on the rapid publication of fundamental research papers on all areas of Fluid Mechanics.
Focus and Scope
- Conservation of Mass: System closed, matter, energy, chemical reactions, thermodynamic processes, reactants, products, chemistry, mechanics, fluid dynamics, heat, mechanical work, electromagnetic radiation, isolated material system, new atoms, the mass of a body, mass+energy, Combustion process.
- Energy: The capacity for doing work, exist in potential, light energy, heat energy, mechanical energy, gravitational energy, electrical energy, sound energy, chemical energy, nuclear or atomic energy or other various forms, heat, and work, converted or changed into the other forms, an energy source, useable energy products, quantitative property.
- Momentum: Vector quantity, magnitude, direction, Newtonian mechanics, linear momentum, translational momentum, mass, velocity, frame of reference, closed system, special relativity, electrodynamics, quantum mechanics, quantum field theory, general relativity, electromagnetic fields, fluid dynamics, and deformable bodies.
- Kinematics of Fluid Flow: Motion of fluid particles, the geometry of the motion of fluid particles, speed, the velocity and acceleration of fluid particles in motion, displacement, fluid mechanics, mechanical points, bodies, associated physical properties, and the forces, Eulerian description, Lagrangian description, Streamline, Pathline, Streak line, One-, Two-, and Three-Dimensional Flows.
- Dynamics of Fluid Flow: Describes the flow of fluids—liquids and gases, magnetohydrodynamics, aerodynamics, hydrodynamics, fluid mechanics, forces, moments, mass flow rate, pipelines, predicting weather patterns, understanding nebulae in interstellar space, and modeling fission weapon detonation, empirical and semi-empirical laws, f various properties of the fluid, such as flow velocity, pressure, density, temperature, as functions of space and time, the Bernoulli equation, steady or unsteady, compressible or incompressible, viscous or non-viscous, and rotational or irrotational.
- Pipe Flow System: A type of liquid flow within a closed conduit, Laminar and Turbulent Flow, Compressible and Incompressible Flow, Rotational and Irrotational Flow, One, Two and Three -dimensional Flow, Gravity, accelerate, transport chemicals, petroleum products, gas products, sewage flows, household water supply, flow energy (pressure head), kinetic energy, and potential energy, density (mass/unit volume), pipe size and velocity of the fluid.
- Newtonian Fluid: Viscous stresses, linearly correlated to the local strain rate, change of its deformation over time, fluid’s velocity vector, water, organic solvents, and honey, dependent on temperature, shear rate, flow speeds, viscosity tensor, isotropic, continuous compression or expansion.
- Non – Newtonian Fluid: Viscosity is dependent on shear rate, Thixotropic, Rheopectic, Shear-thinning, Dilatant or shear thickening, Quicksand, Corn flour and water, salt solutions, molten polymers, viscoelasticity, time-dependent viscosity.
- Flow: Flow chambers, turbulence simulation, flow chambers, Constant, Oscillatory laminar flow, turbulent flow, Changing, viscosity, velocity.
- Turbulence: Type of fluid (gas or liquid), chaotic changes in pressure and flow velocity, changes in both magnitude and direction, excessive kinetic energy, predicted by the dimensionless Reynolds number, Irregularity, Diffusivity, vortex stretching, viscous forces are dominant, inertial forces dominate, recirculation, apparent randomness, nuclear engineering, CFD analysis.
- Combustion: Chemical reaction between substances, generation of heat and light, oxidizer, Rapid Combustion, Spontaneous Combustion, Explosive Combustion, exothermic redox reactions, complete combustion, incomplete combustion, activation energy, elementary radical reactions, stoichiometric, chemical equilibrium, chain reaction.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics: Fluid mechanics, numerical analysis, data structures, fluid flows, Computers, simulate the free-stream flow, the interaction of the fluid, transonic or turbulent flows, research and engineering problems, aerodynamics and aerospace analysis, hypersonics, weather simulation, natural science and environmental engineering, industrial system design and analysis, biological engineering, fluid flows and heat transfer, engine and combustion analysis, and visual effects for film and games.
Open Access Statement
The Recent Trends in Fluid Mechanics (rtfm) is an open-access (OA) publication which provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All published works will be available to a worldwide audience, free, immediately upon publication. Publication in the journal is subject to payment of an article processing charge (APC). The APC serves to support the journal and ensures that articles are freely accessible online in perpetuity under a Creative Commons licenses.
Publication Ethics Statement
rtfm fully adhere to Code of Conduct of Publication Ethics (COPE) and to its Best Practice Guidelines. The Editorial Team enforces a rigorous peer-review process with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure the addition of high-quality scientific studies to the field of scholarly publication. In cases where rtfm becomes aware of ethical issues, it is committed to investigating and taking necessary actions to maintain the integrity of the literature and ensure the safety of research participants. Click here to read more about the Research & Publication virtue ethics
- All the information’s, opinions, and views mentioned here represents the authors and the contributions of the articles.
- Publication of articles, advertisements, or product information does not constitute endorsement or approval by the journal.
- Cannot be help responsible for any error or consequences while using the information updated in this journal.
- Although every effort is done by rtfm to see that there’s no any inaccurate data, misleading data, opinion or statement within the journal, the data and opinions appearing in the articles are the responsibility of the contributors concerned.