rrjobi maintains an Editorial Board of practicing researchers from around the world, to ensure manuscripts are handled by editors who are experts in the field of study.
About the Journal
Research & Reviews: A Journal of Bioinformatics [2393-8722(e)] is an interdisciplinary peer-reviewed open access journal launched in 2014 serving in fields involving Biology, Computer Science and Statistics. This Journal focuses on the Research, Review works, and recent developments in the area of Bioinformatics, and its applications.
Focus and Scope
- Bioinformatic tools: BLAST, FASTA, Clustal W, RasMol, Swiss-Pdb Viewer, Molecular sequence alignment tools, RNA Structure prediction tools, Protein Structure prediction tools, Microarray Analysis Tools, Homology and Similarity tools, Protein function analysis, sequence and structural analysis, EMBOSS, PROSPECT, NCBI, Mapping, BWA, virulence and antimicrobial gene prediction tools, gene sequencing, NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) tools, sequence profiling tools.
- Biological algorithm development and implementation: Evolutionary algorithms, Coarse-Grained parallel genetic algorithms, Fine-Grained parallel genetic algorithms, a crossover of bitstring, flipping bits, bitstrings, algorithms for optimization, population-based metaheuristic algorithms, Single-solution based metaheuristic algorithms, Swarm-Intelligence algorithms, SBROME, Tinkercell, SynBioSS.20, Implementation using TPOT library, Gap analysis, and its application, Genetic Bee Colony (GBC) Algorithm, Fish Swarm Algorithm (FSA), Cat Swarm Optimization (CSO), Whale Optimization Algorithm (WOA), Artificial Algae Algorithm (AAA), Grey Wolf Optimization algorithm.
- Biological Network Analysis: Interactome, gene regulatory networks, protein-protein interaction network, a network of metabolites, molecular interaction network, protein-protein docking analysis, protein-ligand interaction, protein-peptide interactions, docking algorithms, functional networks, pathway analysis tools, graph drawing, clustering, visualization, link prediction, perturbation, network alignment.
- Biological software design and development: ALL PATHS-LG, BAMtools, Barracuda, bed tools, Bfast, Bioconductor, BioPython, Boost, Bowtie, BWA, Cufflinks, Graphviz, Matplotlib, R-programming, SHRiMP, SOAP3-DP, variant_tools.
- Biomarker identification: Predisposition biomarkers, diagnostic biomarkers, prognostic biomarkers, predictive biomarkers, Mascot, MS-Tag, PepProb, Phenix, Sonar, Poptiam, Firmiana, quantum dot technology, 9G DNA Technology,
- Biomedical Data Engineering, Databases, and Data Mining: Genbank, Rfam, European nucleotide archives, Prosite, Pfam, Ensembl, Medherb, dietyBase, SGMP, CMAP, high throughput data analysis, high throughput single cell data analysis, taxonomic database, microbiome data, UniProt, Protein Data Bank, Metabolic Pathway database, Interaction analysis database, machine learning, biomedical cloud, biomedical signal and system analysis, medical imaging, clinical diagnostics, treatment monitoring,
- Cancer Informatics and Medical Informatics: Use of system biology, genomics, proteomics, metabolomics, and molecular biochemistry in cancer detection, treatment, classification, risk-prediction, prevention, outcome, and modeling, computational modeling, Cancer genomic variations (SNP, CNV), and phenotypic correlation, Target sequencing, and cancer diagnostic panel/protocol development, Single-Cell analysis in cancer genomics, Identification and prediction of neoantigens of cancer, Neoantigens, cancer vaccines, CAR-T.
- Computational Biology and System Biology: Mathematical Modeling and Simulation, data analysis, protein design, cell and tissue form function, disease gene mapping, quantitative and analytical modeling, machine learning, artificial intelligence, algorithms, Statistical formulations, software for applied bioinformatics, Evolution and population genomics, biomedical applications, biocomputing and biology-inspired algorithms, Regulation and epigenomics, Transcriptomics, Population and statistical genetics, Structure and function of non-coding RNAs, Privacy of biomedical data, Bioimaging, statistical analysis.
- Computational Genomics, Proteomics and Metabolomics: Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP), genome assembly, genome editing, genome-wide association studies, genome annotation, gene function prediction, orthology analysis, Pan genomics, oncogenomics, comparative genome hybridization, analysis of gene and protein expression, Protein families, motif finding tools, Needleman and Wunsch algorithms, mechanism of genome evolution, prediction of conserved genomic regions, genome comparison, proteogenomics, protein structure and function, simulation of protein folding, motion and interaction.
- Drug Designing: computer-aided drug design, structure-based drug design, Lipinski,s rule of five, Pfizer’s rule of five, rule of five (RO5), pharmacokinetics, Novel therapeutic strategies, high throughput screenings, therapeutic targets, combinational chemistry, parallel synthesis, library design, drug delivery, ADME/Tox, advance n key compound classes and therapeutic areas, Automation and technology, Virtual chemistry, Clinical trails, Natural product chemical biology, Receptor agonist/antagonist, protease substrate/inhibitor, signal transduction modulator, small molecule diversity and synthetic methods to investigate chemical space relationships to drug discovery, therapeutic target proteomics, chemical genomics, molecular screening technologies, drug target identification, and validation, fragment-based drug discovery, distribution, pharmacokinetics and metabolic transformations of drugs, preclinical development studies, toxicology, clinical drug evaluation, patient safety and sustained use of medicines.
- Evolutionary Bioinformatics and Phylogenetic Analysis: RaxML, FastTree, CSI Phylogeny, Harvest, Gubbins, BEAST, FigTree, I-TOL, Mega, Species, and serovar identification, Comparative genomics tools, Jalview, niche modeling, Population genetics, speciation, horizontal gene transfer, gene duplication, species richness mapping, DNA barcoding, Species identification tools,
- In-Silico Technology and Synthetic Biology: In-silico chemoinformatics technologies, NMR, X-ray crystallography, calorimetry, biophysical techniques, signal transduction and information processing, genetic circuit design, computational methods, genetic system, viral engineering, cell design and construction, assembly platform, synthetic metagenomics, pathway construction, gene optimization, protein engineering, metabolic engineering, programmed evolution, cellular manufacturing, mathematical modeling, and engineering process.
- Integrative Bioinformatics: Molecular databases, information systems, data warehouses, integration of data, methods, and tools, metabolic and regulatory network modeling and simulation, signal pathways and cell control, network analysis, Integrative approaches for drug design, integrative data and text mining approaches, Integrative whole cell and molecular modeling, visualization and animation, Sequence Minings and Profilings, GO Profiling, pathway profiling, IPA, MetaCore, Ibrox press, DAVID,
- Medical Informatics: decision support system, telemedicine, evidence-based medicine, disease management, public health, clinical informatics, electronic health records, medical robotics, brain mapping and simulation, magnetic resonance imaging, brain-computer interfaces, virtual reality, artificial neural networks, Neuroinformatics, omics technology, mass spectrometry, radio imaging, data mining, visualization, machine learning, statistical modeling, high-performance computing system application, electronic health record/informatics system.
- Molecular Modeling and dynamics: de novo ligand design, receptor modeling, and docking, life science modeling, homology modeling, simulation of biopolymers, modeling biological reaction mechanisms, classical or quantum mechanical modeling of materials, 3D polymer modeling, 3D molecular modeling, molecular recognition, and sensors, molecular simulations, molecular mechanics, semi-empirical calculations, Ab initio methods, Post- Hartree Fock methods, Large molecular systems, Monte Carlo Simulation.
Open Access Statement
The Research & Reviews: A Journal of Bioinformatics (rrjobi) is an open-access (OA) publication which provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All published works will be available to a worldwide audience, free, immediately upon publication. Publication in the journal is subject to payment of an article processing charge (APC). The APC serves to support the journal and ensures that articles are freely accessible online in perpetuity under a Creative Commons licenses.
Publication Ethics Statement
rrjobi fully adhere to Code of Conduct of Publication Ethics (COPE) and to its Best Practice Guidelines. The Editorial Team enforces a rigorous peer-review process with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure the addition of high-quality scientific studies to the field of scholarly publication. In cases where rrjobi becomes aware of ethical issues, it is committed to investigating and taking necessary actions to maintain the integrity of the literature and ensure the safety of research participants. Click here to read more about the Research & Publication virtue ethics
- All the information’s, opinions, and views mentioned here represents the authors and the contributions of the articles.
- Publication of articles, advertisements, or product information does not constitute endorsement or approval by the journal.
- Cannot be help responsible for any error or consequences while using the information updated in this journal.
- Although every effort is done by rrjobi to see that there’s no any inaccurate data, misleading data, opinion or statement within the journal, the data and opinions appearing in the articles are the responsibility of the contributors concerned.