ijpg maintains an Editorial Board of practicing researchers from around the world, to ensure manuscripts are handled by editors who are experts in the field of study.
About the Journal
The International Journal of Pathogens is a peer-reviewed open-access journal launched in 2023 that focuses on publishing high-quality original research, reviews, and perspectives in the field of pathogens and infectious diseases. The journal aims to provide a platform for researchers, clinicians, and other professionals working in this field to publish and disseminate their work. The International Journal of Pathogens welcomes submissions of original research articles, reviews, case reports, and perspectives from all over the world. The journal follows a rigorous peer-review process to ensure the quality and relevance of the articles published. The target audience for the International Journal of Pathogens includes researchers, clinicians, public health professionals, policymakers, and other professionals working in the field of infectious diseases. The journal aims to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and information, as well as to promote collaboration and networking among professionals in the field.
Focus and Scope
- Pathogenesis and virulence mechanisms of infectious agents : Pathogenesis, Virulence factors, Microbial toxins, Adhesion, Invasion, Immune evasion, Host-pathogen interactions, Biofilms, Quorum sensing, Virulence regulation, Type III secretion system, Type IV secretion system, Capsule, Lipopolysaccharide, Exotoxin, Endotoxin, Hemolysin, Adhesins, Invasion-associated proteins, Flagella.
- Epidemiology and transmission of infectious diseases : Epidemiology, Outbreak ,Incidence, Prevalence, Transmission, Contagiousness, Contact tracing, Disease surveillance, Disease control, Case-control study, Cohort study, Cross-sectional study, Seroprevalence, Disease modeling, Reproductive number, Herd immunity, Zoonosis, Nosocomial infections, Vector-borne diseases, Waterborne diseases.
- Host-pathogen interactions and immune responses to pathogens : Host-pathogen interactions, Immune system, Innate immunity, Adaptive immunity, Immunodeficiency, Immunocompetence, Inflammation, Cytokines, Chemokines, Toll-like receptors, Pattern recognition receptors, Bacterial pathogenesis, Fungal pathogenesis, Viral pathogenesis, Protozoan pathogenesis, Antigen presentation, T cell activation, Antibody response, Immunomodulation, Immune evasion.
- Diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of infectious diseases : Diagnosis, Microbiology, Culture, Serology, Molecular diagnostics, Antibiotic susceptibility testing, Antimicrobial therapy, Antiviral therapy, Antifungal therapy, Immunotherapy, Vaccination, Prophylaxis, Chemoprophylaxis, Hygiene, Disinfection, Sterilization, Isolation, Quarantine, Infection control, Antibiotic stewardship.
- Emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases : Emerging infectious diseases, Re-emerging infectious diseases, Zoonotic diseases, Pandemic, Epidemic, Bioterrorism, Vector-borne diseases, Arboviruses, Novel pathogens, Genetic variation, Antimicrobial resistance, One Health, Global health security, Disease surveillance, Risk assessment, Public health preparedness, Health system resilience, Outbreak investigation, Rapid response, Disease containment.
- Antimicrobial resistance and antimicrobial stewardship : Antimicrobial resistance, Antibiotic resistance, Multidrug resistance, Beta-lactamase, ESBL, MRSA, VRSA, CRE, Acinetobacter baumannii, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterobacteriaceae, Carbapenemase, Colistin resistance, Antimicrobial stewardship, Antibiotic prescribing, De-escalation, Duration of therapy, Combination therapy, Surveillance, Education and training.
- Vaccines and vaccine development for infectious diseases : Vaccines, Immunization, Vaccine development, Vaccine efficacy, Vaccine safety, Vaccine adjuvants, Vaccine delivery, Vaccine hesitancy, Vaccine-preventable diseases, Inactivated vaccines, Live-attenuated vaccines, Subunit vaccines, mRNA vaccines, Viral vector vaccines, DNA vaccines, Adenovirus-based vaccines, Immune response, T cell responses, Neutralizing antibodies, Herd immunity.
- Molecular biology and genetics of infectious agents : Molecular biology, Genetics, Genomics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics, Metagenomics, Metabolomics, Phylogenetics, Evolution, Horizontal gene transfer, Virulence factors, Toxins, Adhesins, Secretion systems, Quorum sensing, Biofilm formation, Antibiotic resistance genes, CRISPR/Cas systems, Pathogenicity islands, Viral replication.
- Pathology and pathophysiology of infectious diseases : Pathology, Pathophysiology, Pathogenesis, Virulence, Host-pathogen interactions, Immune responses, Inflammation, Microbial pathogenesis, Molecular pathogenesis, Cellular responses, Immunopathology, Histopathology, Necrosis, Apoptosis, Infection control, Viral tropism, Viral latency, Immune evasion, Microbial persistence, Microbial clearance.
- Public health and global health issues related to infectious diseases : Public health, Global health, Epidemiology, Outbreaks, Pandemics, Disease surveillance, Disease control, Disease prevention, Health systems, Health policy, One Health, Zoonotic diseases, Neglected tropical diseases, Vector-borne diseases, Waterborne diseases, Foodborne diseases, Infectious disease modeling, Travel medicine, Health disparities, Health equity.
- Infectious diseases
- Host-pathogen interactions
- Immune responses
- Molecular biology
- Antimicrobial resistance
- Public health
- Global health
- Emerging infectious diseases
- Re-emerging infectious diseases
- Virulence mechanisms
- Immune evasion
Open Access Statement
The International Journal of Pathogens (ijpg) is an open-access (OA) publication which provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All published works will be available to a worldwide audience, free, immediately upon publication. Publication in the journal is subject to payment of an article processing charge (APC). The APC serves to support the journal and ensures that articles are freely accessible online in perpetuity under a Creative Commons licenses.
Publication Ethics Statement
ijpg fully adhere to Code of Conduct of Publication Ethics (COPE) and to its Best Practice Guidelines. The Editorial Team enforces a rigorous peer-review process with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure the addition of high-quality scientific studies to the field of scholarly publication. In cases where ijpg becomes aware of ethical issues, it is committed to investigating and taking necessary actions to maintain the integrity of the literature and ensure the safety of research participants. Click here to read more about the Research & Publication virtue ethics
- All the information’s, opinions, and views mentioned here represents the authors and the contributions of the articles.
- Publication of articles, advertisements, or product information does not constitute endorsement or approval by the journal.
- Cannot be help responsible for any error or consequences while using the information updated in this journal.
- Although every effort is done by ijpg to see that there’s no any inaccurate data, misleading data, opinion or statement within the journal, the data and opinions appearing in the articles are the responsibility of the contributors concerned.