ijcme maintains an Editorial Board of practicing researchers from around the world, to ensure manuscripts are handled by editors who are experts in the field of study.
About the Journal
International Journal of Chemical and Molecular Engineering [Applied (e)] is a peer-reviewed hybrid open-access journal launched in 2015 that is dedicated to publishing only good quality research works; it accepts both original research articles and review papers. Both experimental and theoretical papers falling under the scope of the journal are welcome.
Focus and Scope
- Biochemical Engineering: Biocatalysis, Biosensors and Biodevices, Bioseparations, Environmental Bioengineering, Bioreactor Systems, Bioresources, Biorefinery Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering, Cell Culture Engineering, Cell Therapies, and Stem Cells, Metabolic Engineering, Systems, and Synthetic Biology, Protein Engineering.
- Catalytic Engineering: Heterogeneous catalysis, molecular catalysis, and biocatalysis with industrial impact on chemicals, energy, materials, foods, healthcare, and environmental protection.
- Chemical Reaction Engineering: Reaction kinetics, simulation, and optimization of different types of reactors, unsteady-state reactors, multiphase reactors, and process intensification including fundamental investigations of the processes of heat, mass, and momentum transfer that take place along with chemical reactions, emerging reactor technologies.
- Computational Methods in Chemical Engineering: Electrochemical Engineering- Electrochemical Cells, Electrochemical Reactions, Electrochemical Systems, Current Density, Potential, Electrochemical Systems, Cell Potential and Thermodynamics, Equilibrium Constants, Activities and Activity Coefficients, Estimation of Activity Coefficients, Electrochemical Kinetics, Current Efficiency, Electrode Structures and Configurations, Electroanalytical Techniques and Analysis of Electrochemical Systems, Electrochemical Impedance.
- Environmental Chemical Engineering: Pollution control, separation processes, advanced oxidation processes, adsorption of contaminants, resources recovery, waste-to-energy, environmental nanotechnology and bioprocesses, CO2 capture and utilization, and micro(nano) plastic detection and remediation.
- Materials Process Engineering: Additive manufacturing, microstructure, implant materials, metals, ceramics, corrosion resistance, heterogeneous materials, conductive materials, and plastic deformation.
- Microfluidic Engineering and Process Intensification: Microfluidics, Pharmaceuticals, Lab-on-a-chip, Drug delivery, Microreactors, Synthesis, Computer Simulation, Design Techniques, Fluid Dynamics.
- Separation Processes: Distillation, Evaporation, Extractive Distillation, Azeotropic Distillation, Liquid-Liquid Extraction, Gas Absorption, Reverse Osmosis, Micro- Ultra- Hyperfiltrations, Pervaporation, Membrane, Adsorption (Columns), Ion Exchange, Chromatography, Crystallization, Drying, Washing, Leaching (Liquid-Solid Extraction), Electric Field, Magnetic Field, Gravitational Field, Filtration, Decanting, Settling, Sieving, Centrifugation.
- Surface and Interface Engineering: Green and Sustainable Process Engineering- Emerging materials and processes for green conversion of resources (including oil, gas, coal, biomass, plastics, and synthesis gas); Green processes and system integration for renewable and clean energy production (including biofuels and H2), advanced treatment of air/water/solids, resource recovery (including nutrients, heavy metals, rare earth elements, and energy), energy-food-water nexus, and minimization of environmental pollution and hazardous materials (including environmental and economic impact assessment); and Innovative separation, purification, and storage technologies for renewable and clean energy, greenhouse gases.
- Fundamental chemistry, biology, physics of molecular engineering: Modelling and simulations of molecular machines and structures.
- Cell and tissue engineering: Molecular fabrication, Tools and processes for molecular manipulation, Management of molecular engineering processes, Applications of molecular engineering, Applications of molecular engineering in micromanufacturing and nanomanufacturing enterprises.
- Biomolecular Physics: Computational biology, Membrane biophysics, Motor proteins, Protein folding, Protein structure prediction, Spectroscopy, Biomolecular Structures, Biomolecular Engineering, Biomolecular Spectroscopy, Biomolecular Modelling, Biomolecular Interactions, Biomolecular Techniques, Biomolecular Crystallography, Biomolecular Screening, NMR in Biomolecular Research.
Open Access Statement
The International Journal of Chemical and Molecular Engineering (ijcme) is an open-access (OA) publication which provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All published works will be available to a worldwide audience, free, immediately upon publication. Publication in the journal is subject to payment of an article processing charge (APC). The APC serves to support the journal and ensures that articles are freely accessible online in perpetuity under a Creative Commons licenses.
Publication Ethics Statement
ijcme fully adhere to Code of Conduct of Publication Ethics (COPE) and to its Best Practice Guidelines. The Editorial Team enforces a rigorous peer-review process with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure the addition of high-quality scientific studies to the field of scholarly publication. In cases where ijcme becomes aware of ethical issues, it is committed to investigating and taking necessary actions to maintain the integrity of the literature and ensure the safety of research participants. Click here to read more about the Research & Publication virtue ethics
- All the information’s, opinions, and views mentioned here represents the authors and the contributions of the articles.
- Publication of articles, advertisements, or product information does not constitute endorsement or approval by the journal.
- Cannot be help responsible for any error or consequences while using the information updated in this journal.
- Although every effort is done by ijcme to see that there’s no any inaccurate data, misleading data, opinion or statement within the journal, the data and opinions appearing in the articles are the responsibility of the contributors concerned.