- Professor, Department of Chemical/Petrochemical Engineering, Rivers State University Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria
Model development was carried out to examine the ratio of hydrochloric acid gas and water in a packed bed reactor. The research predicted increase in output with increase in time, revealing the effectiveness ratio control of hydrochloric acid separation from water using absorption column mechanism. The density of the products played an active role in the separation process as well as in control action function. The developed model can be applied to monitor, predict and simulate the degree of separation when hydrochloric acid gas is subjected into absorption column in the presence of water medium in a packed bed reactor. Increase in output response was observed with increase in time. The variation in output response was attributed to the variation in operating time. The mathematical model developed was simulated using Matlab software to monitor, predict an simulate the output response hydrochloric acid mixture with water in a packed bed reactor. The result obtained revealed effectiveness in separation is dependent of contact time as well as concentration of the both materials.
Keywords: Model, predict, ratio control, hydrochloric acid gas, packed bed reactor
[This article belongs to Emerging Trends in Chemical Engineering(etce)]
1. Ogoni, H. A & Ukpaka, C. Peter.(2004) Library of Congress Cataloging in Publication Data :Instrumentation, Process Control and Dynamics, 1st edition (Textbook)[online]. Available online at www. Globalacademicgroup.com
2. Paidoussis, M.P and Li, G.X. Pipes Conveying Fluid: A Model Dynamical Problem. Journal of Fluid and Structures. 1993; 7(2): 137-204.
3. Meijaard, J.P. Validation of Flexible Beam Elements in Dynamics Programs. Nonlinear Dynamics. 1996; 9: 21-36.
4. Djondjoron P, Vassilev V, Dzhupanov V. Dynamic Stability of Fluid Conveying Cantilevered Pipes on Elastic Foundation. Journal of Sound and Vibration.2001; 247(3), 537-546.
5. Fu, X. Power Plant Boiler Steam Temperature Control Program. Journal of Guang dong Electric Power. 2007; 5: 13-15.
6. Wang, G. and Liu, H. Boiler Control System Design. Journal Coal Mine Modernization. 2005; 5: 57-58.
7. Wang, X. Cascade Adjustment in the Superheated Steam Temperature Control Application. Journal of Nonferrous Metals.2007; 4: 62-63.
8. Abdumoneim M.M, Aboelela M.A.S, Hassen T.D. Hybrid Modeling of Power Plant and Controlling using Fuzzy P+ID with Application. International Journal of Advances in Engineering & Technology. 2012; 4(1): 42-53.
9. Eluozo S.A., Ademiluyi J.O., Ukpaka P.C. Mathematical model to monitor and predict the transport of E.coli in phreatic aquifer and inhibition from cadmium at Eleme, Rivers state, Nigeria Discourse. International Journal of Applied Chemical Science research. 2013; 1(5): 57-72.
10. Ukpaka, C.P. Application of polynomial method to monitor and predict the Aromatic hydrocarbon degradation pseudomonas sp. Comprehensive Research Journal of Biological Science (CRJBS). 2013; 1(1): 6-20
11. Ukpaka C.P., Ogoni H.A., Amadi S.A, et al. Wet season predictive techniques for monitoring the hydrocarbon degradation in a continuous discharge of wastewater in pond system. Journal of modeling simulation and control. 2010; 71(1):62-80.
|Received||March 8, 2021|
|Accepted||May 23, 2021|
|Published||May 31, 2021|