ijfs maintains an Editorial Board of practicing researchers from around the world, to ensure manuscripts are handled by editors who are experts in the field of study.
About the Journal
International Journal of Forest Sciences is a peer-reviewed academic open-access journal launched in 2023 journal that publishes original research articles, reviews, and other scholarly contributions on various aspects of forest science. The journal aims to provide a platform for researchers, scientists, and practitioners to disseminate and share knowledge related to the sustainable management, conservation, and utilization of forest resources worldwide. The Journal of Forest Sciences encourages submissions of original research, reviews, and critical commentaries that address emerging challenges and opportunities in forest science. The journal aims to provide a comprehensive and interdisciplinary approach to forest science and will consider papers that integrate knowledge from various disciplines, such as ecology, biology, genetics, economics, social sciences, and policy.
Focus and Scope
- Forest ecology and biodiversity: Forest ecosystems, Biodiversity conservation, Ecological communities, Species richness, Habitat diversity, Ecosystem functioning, Forest structure and composition, Canopy structure, Forest succession, Plant-animal interactions, Trophic interactions, Forest fragmentation, Edge effects, Ecological niches, Disturbance ecology, Ecological resilience, Ecological restoration, Carbon cycling, Nutrient cycling, Forest hydrology.
- Forest management and conservation: Forest governance, Sustainable forest management, Forest certification, Forest planning and monitoring, Forest inventory and assessment, Forest conservation and restoration, Protected areas, Forest policy and economics, Forest resource use and management, Forest landscape management, Forest restoration and rehabilitation, Forest landscape restoration, Forest conservation finance, Community-based forest management, Non-timber forest products, Forest fires and fire management, Forest health and invasive species management, Forest carbon sequestration, Forest ecosystem services, Forest and human well-being.
- Forest genetics and tree breeding: Forest genetics, Tree breeding, Genomic selection, Genetic diversity, Molecular markers, Genetic improvement, Hybridization, Clonal propagation, Transgenic trees, Tree physiology, Phenotypic selection, Tree growth and development, Tree architecture, Dendrochronology, Reproductive biology, Gene expression, Genetic mapping, Gene flow, Phylogenetics, Forest tree biotechnology.
- Forest biotechnology and molecular biology: Forest biotechnology, Molecular biology, Genomics, Transcriptomics, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Genetic engineering, Tissue culture, Micropropagation, Somatic embryogenesis, Genetic transformation, Genetic modification, Molecular markers, Gene expression, Genetic mapping, Functional genomics, Genome editing, Epigenetics, Metagenomics, Bioinformatics.
- Forest products and industries: Forest products, Timber harvesting, Wood processing, Lumber production, Pulp and paper production, Composite materials, Biocomposites, Biomass utilization, Bioenergy production, Forest-based chemicals, Forest-based textiles, Forest-based non-timber products, Wood preservatives, Wood adhesives, Nanocellulose, Forest certification schemes, Product life cycle assessment, Circular economy, Forest product marketing, Forest industry economics.
- Forest economics and policy: Forest economics, Forest policy, Forest governance, Natural resource economics, Environmental policy, Forest management economics, Forest industry economics, Forest certification schemes, Payment for ecosystem services, Forest conservation finance, Forest valuation, Timber trade and markets, Forest land use change, Land tenure and forest rights, Forest regulation and taxation, Forest-based rural development, Forest-based livelihoods, Forest-related employment, Forest and climate change policy, Forest and biodiversity policy.
- Forest carbon and climate change: Forest carbon, Carbon sequestration, Carbon storage, Carbon accounting, Carbon markets, Forest carbon offset projects, Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+), Climate change mitigation, Climate change adaptation, Forest-based climate change strategies, Forest greenhouse gas emissions, Forest carbon dynamics, Forest carbon modeling, Forest carbon monitoring, Forest carbon trading, Forest carbon finance, Forest carbon policy, Forest carbon credits, Forest ecosystem resilience, Forest fire and climate change.
- Forest fires and disturbances: Forest fires, Wildfire management, Fire ecology, Prescribed burning, Fire behavior, Fire weather, Fire suppression, Fire effects, Fire severity, Post-fire vegetation recovery, Burn severity mapping, Fire risk assessment, Smoke management, Forest disturbance, Insect and disease outbreaks, Windthrow, Ice storms, Landslides, Storm damage, Forest disturbance and ecosystem services.
- Forest restoration and rehabilitation: Forest restoration, Forest rehabilitation, Ecological restoration, Reforestation, Afforestation, Restoration genetics, Restoration ecology, Forest landscape restoration, Forest restoration planning and monitoring, Restoration success criteria, Biodiversity restoration, Invasive species control, Soil restoration, Watershed restoration, Forest restoration and climate change, Social and community aspects of forest restoration, Forest restoration and ecosystem services, Restoration funding mechanisms, Forest restoration policy, Monitoring and evaluation of forest restoration.
- Forest education and extension: Forest education, Forestry curriculum, Forest literacy, Environmental education, Forest outreach, Extension forestry, Forest education and communication, Forest education and technology, Forest education and citizen science, Forest education and environmental justice, Forest education and indigenous knowledge, Forest education and urban forestry, Forest education and forest therapy, Forest education and forest recreation, Forest education and forest history, Forest education and forest art, Forest education and forest economics, Forest education and forest policy, Forest education and forest management, Forest education and forest research.
- Forest ecology
- Forest management
- Forest genetics
- Forest biotechnology
- Forest products
- Forest economics
- Forest carbon and climate change
- Forest fires and disturbances
- Forest restoration and rehabilitation
- Forest education and extension
- Forest biodiversity
- Forest conservation
- Forest policy and governance
- Forest landscape analysis
- Forest resource assessment
- Forest ecosystem services
- Forest modeling
- Forest soil science
- Forest hydrology
- Forest and wildlife management.
Open Access Statement
The International Journal of Forest Sciences (ijfs) is an open-access (OA) publication which provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. All published works will be available to a worldwide audience, free, immediately upon publication. Publication in the journal is subject to payment of an article processing charge (APC). The APC serves to support the journal and ensures that articles are freely accessible online in perpetuity under a Creative Commons licenses.
Publication Ethics Statement
ijfs fully adhere to Code of Conduct of Publication Ethics (COPE) and to its Best Practice Guidelines. The Editorial Team enforces a rigorous peer-review process with strict ethical policies and standards to ensure the addition of high-quality scientific studies to the field of scholarly publication. In cases where ijfs becomes aware of ethical issues, it is committed to investigating and taking necessary actions to maintain the integrity of the literature and ensure the safety of research participants. Click here to read more about the Research & Publication virtue ethics
- All the information’s, opinions, and views mentioned here represents the authors and the contributions of the articles.
- Publication of articles, advertisements, or product information does not constitute endorsement or approval by the journal.
- Cannot be help responsible for any error or consequences while using the information updated in this journal.
- Although every effort is done by ijfs to see that there’s no any inaccurate data, misleading data, opinion or statement within the journal, the data and opinions appearing in the articles are the responsibility of the contributors concerned.